• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2024/2025 ALM and ACL Elite

priorpeter

The other guy apparently based on unfound rumours, may be acquitted from his charges due to insufficient evidence.

We can’t exactly re-appoint him but is an interesting discussion about why do we need to ‘take a side’ when things like this happen in sport.

For some reason teams need to be seen to either back there player or cut them loose, however I don’t see why statements from clubs just stipulate we are aware of the situation and will let the investigation take its course.
I mean, that’s exactly what the club did.

Brief statement, player was issued a no-fault suspension by football Australia, no further comment.

Big Al

The other guy apparently based on unfound rumours, may be acquitted from his charges due to insufficient evidence.

We can’t exactly re-appoint him but is an interesting discussion about why do we need to ‘take a side’ when things like this happen in sport.

For some reason teams need to be seen to either back there player or cut them loose, however I don’t see why statements from clubs just stipulate we are aware of the situation and will let the investigation take its course.
Because sponsors don’t want to seen to associated with clubs who are associated with type of people.

In our case a small family club just can’t be associated with that for image purposes.

Might not be fair but that’s how it is.

Ancient Mariner

I'd wait until the court date. If the charges are dismissed he is innocent. If he's found not guilty he's innocent.
That's how the law works.
Arguably the PR risk would be too much for the club either way and that's understandable.
So another competing club supporter could take him to bed before the finals and scream rape and give their team an easier run.
Innocence is more important than PR.
Sick system if not.
If the charges are dismissed I want to see CCM offer him an competitive contract.

FFC Mariner

So another competing club supporter could take him to bed before the finals and scream rape and give their team an easier run.
Sick system if not.
If the charges are dismissed I want to see CCM offer him an competitive contract.
If his visa was for the length of his contract, its now expired. You would expect him to be chucked out regardless

Meerkat

Sick system if not.
If the charges are dismissed I want to see CCM offer him a competitive contract.
I thought that well before he was charged, it was made known that he did not want to stay?
Why would we want to offer him anything, regardless of verdict?

Ancient Mariner

I thought that well before he was charged, it was made known that he did not want to stay?
I understood that to be trash talk by his agent taking a negotiating position.

If the charges are dropped, we may have a chance to get hold of a quality player looking to reset his career at a good price.

It will all come down to what he wants, his attitude, whether the Club wants to support one of their own, whether he is part of the group or whether he had become a dickhead.

I would not like to see him written off for something that may have had no basis in fact or been a vexatious attack.

Meerkat

If the charges are dropped, we may have a chance to get hold of a quality player looking to reset his career at a good price.

It will all come down to what he wants, his attitude, whether the Club wants to support one of their own, whether he is part of the group or whether he had become a dickhead.

I would not like to see him written off for something that may have had no basis in fact or been a vexatious attack.
I understand your view, but at the same time feel the trash talking agent may need to learn consequences, and on this occasion if it was trash talk, it’s bitten him in the arse.

Personally, I don’t see a way back. I will absolutely feel for him if he is genuinely innocent but truthfully we may never know that, regardless of verdict and I don’t believe his behaviour, or his agents, have helped him any.

Just my thoughts of course.

Corsair

These things are not usually so black and white, one way or another he's got himself into a situation where allegations have been made that were taken seriously by police. As a professional sportsman you should know better and if our players are not being coached in this regard they should be, either by the club or by the players agent.

This is not the first of our players to have these sort of allegations brought against them. Don't allow yourself to get into a situation in the first place where you're at risk.

The stalking charge is what really alarmed me, that needs to have been consistent over a period of time to be taken seriously.

Wombat

good signing, pretty pleased with it.
Expect good technical ability from Alfie, great age, adjustment should be smooth just as it was with big Eddy. Except their won’t be a fitness adjustment with Alfie.
Good signing.
I’d say he’s more Max’s replacement than he his Niz’s. But they do specifically say he can play higher up than DM… club also said “transfer agreed” maybe a small fee? Probably more a free transfer from Carlisle tbh, than him being released.
I see him as Max's replacement....and tbh he is an upgrade. But we are going to need some talent to replace Nizzy!

Spacks

NSW Police said:
Stalking can involve threats or sexual innuendo and the stalker generally tries to intimidate or induce fear in the person they are stalking. The person being stalked may only realise they are being stalked once they identify a pattern of strange or suspicious incidents occurring, such as:

• phone calls
  • text messages
  • messages left on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter etc.
  • notes left on the their car
  • strange or unwanted gifts left at their home
  • an awareness that they are being followed
  • being continually stared at or gestured to by another person.
I'm being criminally stalked by telemarketers.

pjennings

I mean, that’s exactly what the club did.

Brief statement, player was issued a no-fault suspension by football Australia, no further comment.

I think the club and the FA acted as they should. I also don't think we wrote him off on the basis of the charge. He had made it abundantly clear he was moving on. If he is found to be innocent I wish him the best in his future football career. I just cannot see it being here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred