• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2024/2025 ALM and ACL Elite

Big Al

First - what is MJ's motivation. According to Harry Steele the squad wants a threepeat. Throw in the Aust cup which is the only domestic trophy MJ has not won.

Second - what is RP's motivation. When he came in he wanted to compete in the ACL. We have that this season - I don't think he will squib it. He needs to provide MJ with more than 15 or 16 players that MJ is happy to play to compete on all fronts.

Looking at exits - Tulio would have been on decent coin as would have Danny and Torres. Barcellos, Jing, Hall and Kasalovic probably less so. While, Fazz, Max and Nizz may not of been on big money last season (but if they were to stay) their wage would be greater.

So potentially replacing 3 of our most expensive players plus 3 of what were potentially going to be expensive players, plus 3 players gone that may have been mid level wages and a scholarship player. On top of that some players that MJ seemed reluctant to play may be elsewhere.

I think one visa will go to the GK.
From what I've seen of Warshawsky he is not ready and no available Aussie looks to be good enough unless Maty wants to come back at a greatly reduced price. I don't think it would hurt his world Cup spot but it would certainly hurt his bank balance. The younger keeper impresses me more than Jack but I'd be loath to have him as first choice but happy with him on the bench.

We need a replacement for Dan at RCB and probably a backup that MJ would be prepared to use. I think they will be Aussies.

Harry and Tappy are ready made replacements for Max and Nizz and MDP will probably fit into the more forward role.

In attack there will be the other visa player - but where? Does MDP stay on the left challenging Theo or does he drop into the Nizz role? What is MJ looking for in attack? Another (different kind of) striker or a #10?

I'd like to target some more youngsters to develop, like Tatu, McNichol & Waddingham. Unlikely to see much if any time this year but worth a punt to develop.

Kuz and Smith are both good squaddies to have being able to play as fullback as well as moving forward with confidence. I hope they get a run this season after their injuries
I think we will try to go Aussie in goals if we can.

MDP can play a few roles and is probably rewarded with a starting spot more consistently.

Brandtman will be become last years MDP. Can play similar positions and will get some more subs minutes and the odd start i think.

Farrell could move to LCB and move Kaltak over if he stays. Allowing Marguise to play or he could take some pressure off Theo.

As @Corsair just reminded me we need a match winning winger as well.

Some flexibility in the squad but need a gun or two.

Big Al

Id give Warshawsky a start, MJ should have given him minutes last season when games were won. Our ex younger keepers have progressed well when given a chance to play in the top league. Yes theyll make mistakes as do all young players but if they aren’t given a chance here they make it elsewhere…:popcorn:
Wouldn’t be against it and if he is struggling then buy in Jan.

The Birraz talks have gone quiet. Is it because we him or it fell apart 🤔

pjennings

Big Dog

So people think we could use another midfielder. Harry picked up a few knocks this season and Tappy is banking on his knee holding up. Not sure what we have as cover if one goes down. I think we need a top CB and a quality attacking player.
MJ like to play with two tens and two sixes so might dictate the type of player he goes for.
Will be interesting to see what happens with DWH. Apparently on big money. Can we afford to have him sit on the bench and take up a wage?

Corsair

So people think we could use another midfielder. Harry picked up a few knocks this season and Tappy is banking on his knee holding up. Not sure what we have as cover if one goes down. I think we need a top CB and a quality attacking player.
MJ like to play with two tens and two sixes so might dictate the type of player he goes for.
Will be interesting to see what happens with DWH. Apparently on big money. Can we afford to have him sit on the bench and take up a wage?
If Niz leaves we need to replace him. Di Piz is a great upcoming player but I'm not sure he's even played a full 90? Niz has the highest work rate in the squad and his cultural impact and team spirit cannot be over stated. If I had the chequebook I'd be making sure he stayed above anyone else.

priorpeter

We’ve tried for duke a couple of times over the last few years. Tbh not sure he’d be what Jacko’s after and don’t think he’d be a priority this window.

Apparently Adelaide (I think) made an enquiry for Sains recently which fizzled out very quickly when they were informed of his salary expectations. Still has interest in Qatar, but I fully expect him to end up at either Perth or City.

turbo

If he stays we have to use him. That's on MJ to make the most of what he has, drill in on what he wants out of the player and rebuild him however it's necessary. In light of the distribution cuts and other needs if they can't freeze him out they need to get some output.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred