• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Forum Phoenix

Partnered with said Visa striker (yes playing 2 strikers as strikers is still a thing) and using Murray as the pressing forward and running in behind etc. He’ll score goals
He’s been misused this season.
Gives us a hell of a lot more attacking input than Matty.

This is all dependent on quality attackers being brought in to help Jordan.

Joel Chianese for example used to be absolutely dogshit. Could argue he’s still very average. He’s been around quality and has improved and scores goals regularly now.

Yeah I know, but 2 strikers is less likely, and more costly with proper depth, and he’s not a player I’d build my system to accomodate yet.

In our first 11, we need proven high quality players the full length of our spine. I’d much rather a highly skilled playmaker with that X factor and cut above class like a Castro, than a second striker.

With 5 real visa spots - which I think is critical for us, Murray would need to be developed in training and deployed off the bench imo.

If it wasn’t for the fact we have Matty on a 2year deal I’d be saying we need 2 new strikers. And in an ideal world, both better than Murray.

I usually champion youth development. But we’ve had f**k all credit for what we’ve done in this area and we now find our existence too precariously balanced to risk starting 11 spots on our development players. Our first 11 all need to be top 6 side starting 11 quality or we’re insane.

Like many have said, we only have 3 such players right now. And we’ll be losing Tom at least according to the rumours.

Tevor

I see Vedran has been given permission to speak with other clubs. Bit of a confidence player IMO but when he is on song definitely would be an improvement on Kennedy. Can we keep his confidence up is the real question, maybe not.

Ads

I like Muzz, really do but does anyone think they are going to drop the club captain for him? Staj plays a curriculum 4231 so if we signed a real quality visa player then Muzz will be wide right or on the bench

I have a very strong feeling that we won’t attract a visa or marquee striker.

The team next year will literally be full of other team bench players, players under rehabilitation, players about to retire or be moved on into club role and maybe 1 quality player like Jem or Tom that will most likely get injured.

So business as usual..... :)

Ancient Mariner

I see Vedran has been given permission to speak with other clubs. Bit of a confidence player IMO but when he is on song definitely would be an improvement on Kennedy. Can we keep his confidence up is the real question, maybe not.
No, no, no, no no, and no again.
Please do not put the idea in anyone's head.

Forum Phoenix

I have a very strong feeling that we won’t attract a visa or marquee striker.

The team next year will literally be full of other team bench players, players under rehabilitation, players about to retire or be moved on into club role and maybe 1 quality player like Jem or Tom that will most likely get injured.

So business as usual..... :)

We cannot afford this. And no one at the club can still be mad enough to be living under that hope. The Money ball experiment has been trialled and failed. Our license is on the line, that like nothing else has, will guarantee we spend imo.

There’s more than enough keeper talent in this county, so that role aside, we need to hustle and willingly pay some overs for 5 quality Australian players and recruit brilliantly for 5 visa spots, after paying out weemac, so we get a proper starting 11 together. And then do everything humanly possibly to keeep them fit and on the park - SFC style.

FFC Mariner

We cannot afford this. And no one at the club can still be mad enough to be living under that hope. The Money ball experiment has been trialled and failed. Our license is on the line, that like nothing else has, will guarantee we spend imo.

There’s more than enough keeper talent in this county, so that role aside, we need to hustle and willingly pay some overs for 5 quality Australian players and recruit brilliantly for 5 visa spots, after paying out weemac, so we get a proper starting 11 together. And then do everything humanly possibly to keeep them fit and on the park - SFC style.

The people responsible for the dumpster fire of this season are still calling the shots - Millar, Pain and Aspro have been allowed to walk, we arent hearing encouraging noises about Jem or Tom. In fact ,Phelan said on the pod that he doesnt rate Tom.
I'd say the club is exactly mad enough to repeat this season

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
WOOHOO J Muzz is staying , now if we can get f**kin Simon out of his way , he’ll be good, cause he scores when the West Gosford windmill ain’t on the field

Charlie1

Ok I might upset a few people but I would rather sign Jem than Tommy. Yes he is good but he has apparently had a few injuries this year and not getting any younger. I would rather keep Jem and invest in another visa player rather than Tom.

NoDiggity

Ok I might upset a few people but I would rather sign Jem than Tommy. Yes he is good but he has apparently had a few injuries this year and not getting any younger. I would rather keep Jem and invest in another visa player rather than Tom.
Ok I’ll bite.
He’s 30. Good age for a skilled player (non marquee) in the a-league. He played 10 years in top flight in Europe before coming to mariners, a club that has gotten consecutive spoons since he’s been here. And still loves this club and wants to stay. Arguably the best player on the pitch for the last 2 years. Would take a pay cut to stay.

NoDiggity

So....the games Tommy has influenced and made something happen.
I'll wait :)
The best player in the HAL wouldn’t have influenced a game this year. Don’t forget that Ross was leading goal scorer 3/4 of the season last year and only played 50%.

Insertnamehere

WOOHOO J Muzz is staying , now if we can get f**kin Simon out of his way , he’ll be good, cause he scores when the West Gosford windmill ain’t on the field
I logged in just to congratulate you on making me spray beer all my phone, up my arm and onto the tv.
West Gosford windmill. Absolute classic.

Wombat

Another prole. Pikey will be so happy to hear you swallow his drivel.

turbo

I like Muzz, really do but does anyone think they are going to drop the club captain for him?
They should drop him because he isn’t good enough to be starting. Murray has 2 goals less with 400 odd minutes less playing time, is often played out of position and he doesn’t take penalties of which Matt has scored at least 2. It might be fair to say neither should be starting but for me the big distinction is Murray could develop and improve while Simon is what he is and more likely to slow down. We need a visa striker but if we’re playing two Murray makes way more sense to play beside them.

Wombat

So....the games Tommy has influenced and made something happen.
I'll wait :)

So as one of the Bay 16 sheep.....you dont chant Hiariej with your mates???????? Or are you just doing your standard Private Frazer "we are all doomed" routine?
Or you forgot your favourite manager was on a mission to destroy and replace Tom H.
Possible you are bipolar Fulham?
Clearly you forgot he was MOM 2 weeks ago.

pjennings

1) We cannot afford this. Absolutely agree we need to have a strong first XI, capable backups like Melling, Clisby, Simon and Rowles who have been more often than not starters.

2) More than enough keeper talent in this county. Not true any more. There are some to be had but the level of keeping in the HAL is below what it was 6 or 7 years ago.

3) After paying out weemac. Can't afford this - we need to find him a home and release him.

As for visa players - I hope we can keep both Tom and Jem but am not convinced we will. If we had three other spots then I think I would opt for a CB, RB and a marquee CAM/striker.

While BK has been responsible for some inept goalkeeping this year he has also been blamed for the inept defence we have had. The keeping AND defence simply has to be strengthened or will be at the bottom again.

Since 2014/15 we have conceded an average of 57 goals in a 27 game season. That has to be addressed before the attack because if we concede more than 2 a game to get 3 points then we will fail again.

I believe that given the right service and playing up front that Murray is at least a 10+ goals a year striker. That support needs to come from a fit Oar or Kekeris on the left, a better RW and the marquee CAM/striker.

When I am talking marquee CAM/striker I am probably talking striker/second striker that can work with Murray properly. Examples in the MLS have been Robbie Keane and Wayne Rooney, who scored but also created. That is the sort of player we need to target. I'm not saying we can afford that level of player - but rather identifying the type.

This investment in this type of marquee is imperative this year
. If can can stop goals we can be competitive. If we can score goals we can be fun to watch again and we can draw back some crowds and generate a bit of atmosphere..

Last edited:

turbo

On his day Tom H is great but he’s also had a bunch of games where he doesn’t have the same impact and he has had a few injury issues. I’d be happy for him to stay but he isn’t irreplaceable, IMO the bigger issue is we don’t have faith that the club will be able to attract a reasonable replacement.
The bigger priority should be finding a play maker that can link the rest of the team to the attack. We’ve sorely missed that for a while now and it reduces our attacking options in a big way.

Forum Phoenix

The people responsible for the dumpster fire of this season are still calling the shots - Millar, Pain and Aspro have been allowed to walk, we arent hearing encouraging noises about Jem or Tom. In fact ,Phelan said on the pod that he doesnt rate Tom.
I'd say the club is exactly mad enough to repeat this season

I’d have agreed if it wasn’t for the relegation talk and the new ownership model.

MC tried to do it cheap and failed, but that doesn’t mean he’s also suicidal. I think he’ll try and protect his interests.

Recruitment will tell all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred