• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

turbo

Wonder what’s in it for them to take the termination now? Other leagues suspended so you wouldn’t assume it’s to go play NPL.

FFC Mariner

Either we paid them out or they found an NPL club prepared to cover thier wages? Personally, I think both are barely NSWPL2 level (at best) Watching CCMA last week I'm struggling to think where wither would fit in to be honest.

Tim

It seems slightly odd as Majok seemed to be getting some game time recently and showing a bit of promise. I wonder why he's out (unless he has some interest elsewhere(. Shabow, however, (like Melling) was clearly on the outer and with next to no chance to get any game time he is probably better served going somewhere else. I wish them both well.

As a passing comment, in the current climate if I was an average pro footballer (which I'm not), I would be holding onto any contract I had for dear life with so much uncertainty on the horizon...

turbo

Also with the condensed schedule kicking in there’s more chance of getting some game time in the next few weeks.

marinermick

Shabow doesnt stand out in NPL2 - he is pretty shit tbh - when he has played for the academy he looks miles out of his depth.

If you ever go to Mariners training he is often one of the best. I suspect he had some sort of mind problem when given the limited opportunities he had. Knowing it was his only chance to perform he didn’t.

I suspect with less pressure at a NPL club and a good string of consecutive games he will start to shine at NPL level.

Time will tell however.

pjennings

If you ever go to Mariners training he is often one of the best. I suspect he had some sort of mind problem when given the limited opportunities he had. Knowing it was his only chance to perform he didn’t.

I suspect with less pressure at a NPL club and a good string of consecutive games he will start to shine at NPL level.

Time will tell however.

If I remember correctly he started in the Bolt game at the stadium and looked pretty tidy. Really haven't seen enough of him to be honest.

Tim

Story on www.ftbl.com.au that Ziggy unsure of future and may not be at CCM next year. Gee I hope we can keep him and surround him with some talent. Never stops trying and always great off the field, the kind of professional and champion guy our club so desperately needs! I’ve watched others heads drop as the season has wore on but not Ziggy’s. Shaun and co give us something to smile about in these torrid times with the announcement that he will be back for next season, please!!! Earlier in the season a few suggested that Duric be charged with the task of finding some more Eastern European talent. I’d be just as happy for Ziggy to bring a few like minded hard working Scots to the club for next season. We’d be the better for it!!

pjennings

Story on www.ftbl.com.au that Ziggy unsure of future and may not be at CCM next year. Gee I hope we can keep him and surround him with some talent. Never stops trying and always great off the field, the kind of professional and champion guy our club so desperately needs! I’ve watched others heads drop as the season has wore on but not Ziggy’s. Shaun and co give us something to smile about in these torrid times with the announcement that he will be back for next season, please!!! Earlier in the season a few suggested that Duric be charged with the task of finding some more Eastern European talent. I’d be just as happy for Ziggy to bring a few like minded hard working Scots to the club for next season. We’d be the better for it!!

I think the story reflects the whole situation. In last weeks podcast Shaun mentioned a re-signing by the end of the week. The world has changed since then. I would not be surprised that Ziggy may have been that re-signing. However, why would he take the option when he doesn't know when/if the HAL will start or the Mariners will be here.. He has to keep his options open. CSL are talking about starting again in May (not that I would go there), but we still have a long way to go in Australia with COVID-19.

Big Al

He is a right back who lost his position to a 18yr old CB.
He absolutely fits the community and gives everything but he is not the quality CB we need.
His positioning on the break or angles he takes or more importantly gives to the strikers are that of a RB than a CB. It’s intricate details but these are hugely important with a CB
And we can’t afford to have two visa CB although maybe we should

pjennings

Sounds like Birighitti is headed to Macarthur. Given the current dearth of available keepers we may need a visa keeper.

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Hmm, Birraz off to the bulls huh....so they didn’t collapse and have signed more players than Oar ...who do you believe, I ask ya ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami