• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

How are the other clubs funded?

Ancient Mariner

Maybe he is the other investor (or one of them) and is doing thorough due diligence while learning more of Club and will jump in when the league is independent.
Probably a more likely scenario than my story in the other thread.

There are many other possible predictions apart from the simple "we'll all be rooned", and they are far more interesting and exciting.

Michael

Maybe he is the other investor (or one of them) and is doing thorough due diligence while learning more of Club and will jump in when the league is independent.
Probably a more likely scenario than my story in the other thread.

There are many other possible predictions apart from the simple "we'll all be rooned", and they are far more interesting and exciting.

I’d love for that to be the case but with charlesworth already trying to be aloud to sell visa spots to benefit his own pocket I’d say it’s not the case.

adz

Staff member
Some big numbers being thrown around there. I'm also wondering what the deal is with the FFA chipping in $$ for marquee players?
Who is being helped out there, by how much?

disordinary

Phoenix owned by a group who are all in the hundred millionaire mark and also control businesses like Wellington Airport, Vodafone nz, Canberra data centres, and a couple of power companies through infratil.

Western united are a bit merky as they're owned by property developers and sponsored by a construction company.

Adelaide United are owned by a group of European business men who are apparently quite successful but try and stay in the shadows.

Jets are owned by Martin Lee who's a Chinese billionaire, but he's got cash flow problems and it's hard to get the sort of money out of China that he needs to put in the club.

Victory are owned by a couple of business men who are worth 10s to 100s millions but that team makes a profit.

disordinary

Some big numbers being thrown around there. I'm also wondering what the deal is with the FFA chipping in $$ for marquee players?
Who is being helped out there, by how much?
Probably no one this season, its only for really big and marketable names.

Insertnamehere

Phoenix owned by a group who are all in the hundred millionaire mark and also control businesses like Wellington Airport, Vodafone nz, Canberra data centres, and a couple of power companies through infratil.

Western united are a bit merky as they're owned by property developers and sponsored by a construction company.

Adelaide United are owned by a group of European business men who are apparently quite successful but try and stay in the shadows.

Jets are owned by Martin Lee who's a Chinese billionaire, but he's got cash flow problems and it's hard to get the sort of money out of China that he needs to put in the club.

Victory are owned by a couple of business men who are worth 10s to 100s millions but that team makes a profit.
So what?! We've got Aussie Mike who sells premium phone numbers.! He definitely worth a few sheckles more than anyone you've mentioned. /s

LFCMariners

My dream is that FSG would buy CCM and create a similar feeder club situation to what we had with Sheffield United.

Because if there's one thing FSG have shown, it's that they take the right approach to ownership of sporting clubs. Operating CCM would be loose change for them compared to running LFC or the Sox.

Reactions: adz

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
how are the clubs funded ?....by substantially richer individuals who dont treat the local community like lesser than

soccer mad

Mc has run us dry i wonder how the conversation with council sound over stadium Wright's are going at the moment l for one couldn't bare another night with Lionel f**king Ritchie .

Insertnamehere

My dream is that FSG would buy CCM and create a similar feeder club situation to what we had with Sheffield United.

Because if there's one thing FSG have shown, it's that they take the right approach to ownership of sporting clubs. Operating CCM would be loose change for them compared to running LFC or the Sox.
We won't attract big market buyers. We either need a local consortium loaded to the hilt, or a team/group with experience in the small club done good. If you know baseball Tampa Bay Rays are an example.

adz

Staff member
Mc has run us dry i wonder how the conversation with council sound over stadium Wright's are going at the moment l for one couldn't bare another night with Lionel f**king Ritchie .

Come on now, that Lionel f**king Richie concert was a good night out :D

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I saw on twitter that Floyd Mayweather might buy Newcastle United ....wonder if we can con his arse into buying us instead

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami