• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Former Mariners in the NPL

Coach

Mariners Legend Dylan McAllister scored for rockdale & former NYL keeper david bradasevic started in goals
Legend. More like petulant donkey, a stiker with 5 goals in 36 games for us that would regularly turn to kicking lumps out of opponents when he failed. Poor excuse for a pro footballer

sydmariner

Hayden Morton
Paul Henderson
Tomi Uskok, Eddy Bosnar, Glen Trifiro, Nathan Sherlock,Panni Nikas
Travis Major, Zac Cairncross, Mathiew Lewis,Mitchell Malia,Justin Pasfield
David Bradasevic, Dylan Macallister, Trent Mcclenahan, Dylan Mitchell, Sam Gallagher, Dejan Panduravic, Shane Sherrif also played too.

Last edited:

sydmariner

Dejan Panduravic:headbounce::headbounce: & apperently he also got young socceroos selection.
Panni Nikas:headbounce:.
Travis Major Had 2 goals disallowed:(

Last edited:

sydmariner

Congratulations to Tomi Uskok, Glen Trifiro, Eddy Bosnar, Panni Nikas & Nathan sherlock on becoming NPL NSW Champions:)

pjennings

Adelaide City makes play for Reds cult hero Marcos Flores
cebe0bbc07b2397745a393a4344e10be

Val Migliaccio, Soccer Writer, The Advertiser
August 19, 2016 2:40pm
cebe0bbc07b2397745a393a4344e10be

ADELAIDE United cult hero Marcos Flores has been courted by an SA rival club.

The Argentine has been locked in talks with Adelaide City for the new 2017 SA national premier league season.

Adelaide City officials are keen to sign Flores not only for his playing ability but the Argentine’s magnetism is also a huge off field draw card where he is destined to become the club’s face and leader of junior academies.

Flores said he would soon make a decision on whether Adelaide City becomes his new club.

“This is something special for me, I want to be useful in so many ways in Adelaide,’’ Flores said from Argentina.

“I am on the same page as Adelaide City and it really is a big decision to make for me because ultimately it means I’ll be out of professional football and there’s no turning back.

“But I have spoken with good people at Adelaide City like (board member) Mario Boffa and they have a huge project which I really want to be part of.

“I still have petrol in the tank to play at a good level but I also want to do something which is greater and to give something back to the game to children.

“I want to help Adelaide City grow, they have a rich history and they really want to be big improvers in development.”

Flores is looming to be the NPL’s first real ‘marquee’ type player if Adelaide City can pull off the arguably the biggest coup of the domestic competition since 1977 when the now defunct national soccer league started up.

The 2011 Johnny Warren medal winner farewelled Adelaide United in June for Chinese football.

Before he left for club duties with Henan Jiayne he penned an open letter to Reds fans, signing off with a kick about at Colley Reserve with hundreds of supporters.

Flores also asked fans to donate soccer gear at the kick about before forwarding the goods to the children of Central Australia.

Flores, 30, was recently contracted to Chile’s Curico Unido which was the playmaker’s last club before he made an instant impact with Adelaide United in 2010.

He is also now fielding offers from clubs in India and South America after ending his stint with Curico Unido.

After ending his stint in China in 2012, Flores signed for Melbourne Victory, Central Coast, Newcastle Jets and Jacksonville Armada in the US.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...s/news-story/cebe0bbc07b2397745a393a4344e10be

dibo

Sad news as former Mariners NYL coach John McLafferty passed away suddenly this week.

RIP

Rowdy

Very shocked to hear and indeed quite sad for his family. :(

My Daughter tells me his youngest son is currently in England.

I have started a thread on the Central Coast board, for those that knew him to pay their respects to John and his family.

dibo

He coached Hayden Morton and Mickey Neill before being duckshoved for Zwaanswijk.

He was NYL assistant under Walmsley in a period that brought through the likes off Duke, Ibini-Isei, Ryan, Amini...

Rowdy

And then he took the reins as the Central Coast Mariners Academy (CCMA) as Men's Program Director after Walmsley left for his Sheffield Academy gig.

He had the responsibillity of overlooking the entire Men-s program from under 16-s through to Central Coast Football-s (CCF) first grade team.

I just posted a tribute from the Wyoming Tiger's on his memorial thread, that detailed his Football achievements.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred