• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFS!!!!!!! Manly???????

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Interesting the wording "the focus of everyone at Tuggerah". The focus of those perhaps further afield (say, London)... where's that?
True. Also, saying they're focusing on keeping the source bottles at Gosford isn't actually claiming they're not looking for the sauce bottle to spend some time elsewhere.

pjennings

Manly RLFC have been fighting for years with Warringah Council over their exhorbitant hiring charges so it doesn't make a lot of sense..

Last edited:

Ancient Mariner

Interesting the wording "the focus of everyone at Tuggerah". The focus of those perhaps further afield (say, London)... where's that?
I think the more important words are probably the first sentence. The Club was in need of intensive care before the virus. I would not like to guess the odds for survival.

pjennings

I think the more important words are probably the first sentence. The Club was in need of intensive care before the virus. I would not like to guess the odds for survival.

I would say the odds are good for survival if the management rights deal goes ahead. Conversely, I think I'll be watching CCU at Pluim if the deal doesn't go ahead.

Ironbark

It's gotta be a negotiation bluff.

If not I can't see the club surviving at all. Almost every fan I know (not every fan of course) would feel betrayed. There is no way they are replacing those members from a Manly populace in any kind of quick fashion.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

It's gotta be a negotiation bluff.

If not I can't see the club surviving at all. Almost every fan I know (not every fan of course) would feel betrayed. There is no way they are replacing those members from a Manly populace in any kind of quick fashion.
yeah....people don't relocated clubs. You can't really take ownership of a club that has simply been relocated into your area. IMO if relocation ever occurred anywhere, it needs to be done as a different club - sure, structures and some staffing may remain, but if you give it different colours and a different team name and work on a new identity, then that would be essential.

finally retired

you've all got it wrong.... Manly are playing on the Central Coast, not the other way around :popcorn:
the 3 NSW grounds that NRL will use
“I’m told they’ve settled on three venues in NSW,” Rothfield told Fox League Live. “The Central Coast stadium where Newcastle the Warriors and Manly will play out of.

Wombat

My understanding is our licence is for the CC only. Gallop made it clear last time FFA would not allow us to relocate we could hand back the licence or sell the licence but the new buyer had to stay on the CC.

Issue is will iAL allow for area relocation ...

The Shaun rumours hhhhmmmmm maybe a troll post or at best a wild guess .... I doubt aside from Shaun & MC anyone knows and I can't see either of them confiding with a forum member ... my guess would be MC, Shaun & Shaun's wife would be the only people who know so I am saying Bull S at this stage.

Yep. I'm calling bullshit. Makes zero sense

midfielder

Get off your high horse Middie.

This forum is full of talk and speculation.

Similar in forums you can call out crap / troll comments as well...

Given the club is on its knees and in negotiation with the council for stadium rights etc... saying the CEO is leaving unless you believe you are 100% correct is very poor form... if its blind Freddy down the pub talk IMO beyond poor...

marinermick

Similar in forums you can call out crap / troll comments as well...

Given the club is on its knees and in negotiation with the council for stadium rights etc... saying the CEO is leaving unless you believe you are 100% correct is very poor form... if its blind Freddy down the pub talk IMO beyond poor...

So does that now give us the right to lecture you when you post something that is not “100% correct”? Because you don’t have an excellent track record in that area.

FFC Mariner

Personally, I cant see any way that CCM can survive this while MC owns it - he bled the club white pre Corona so he is unlikely (you would think) to either fund it properly or sell it now.

pjennings

Personally, I cant see any way that CCM can survive this while MC owns it - he bled the club white pre Corona so he is unlikely (you would think) to either fund it properly or sell it now.

Put it another way (discounting COVID 19 because all deliberations are now up in the air).

a) If you were an investor would you invest in us as we were 6 months ago.
b) If you were an investor would you invest in us if we controlled the management rights to the stadium and had approved plans for opening up the precinct.

The first says come and help us survive, the second option says we have forward thinking plans.

Wombat

First one says we are a fire sale.
Second option means you pay a bit more.

Believe me....we are a tasty morsel in world Football. Even in the Micro environment we are a f**king good buy for a canny investor.

yorkshireman

I think your source is iffy.
I hope so (especially as the name I was told as the replacement is a great bloke but defo not CEO material)

I'm not saying anymore as obviously people aren't fond of this rumour. I originally asked if anyone had heard any other or similar rumours. I never said it was 100% accurate but if it's out there, surely we should be able to talk about it.

Pirate Pete

I hope so (especially as the name I was told as the replacement is a great bloke but defo not CEO material)

I'm not saying anymore as obviously people aren't fond of this rumour. I originally asked if anyone had heard any other or similar rumours. I never said it was 100% accurate but if it's out there, surely we should be able to talk about it.

That's basically everyone on the forum.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami