• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

EPL Stuff not worth a whole thread

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

- something I drew up
Firmino was onside.
Also, notice how the red line touches the right hand side of the red horizontal, but the blue touches the left side of the blue one? That means that the vertical lines show them to be level at worst (and level = onside) - but once you consider that the vertical lines slope back, that means they're showing Firmino to be clearly onside.
I don't care about that decision, but a flawed process is concerning.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

glad to see Son's RC was overturned - farcical decision. The referee knew it wasn't a red - he had the yellow out - and only changed it because of the injury. Every referee knows better than that - heck, most leg breaks I've seen have been from fair challenges, and because they have as little idea about when/how VAR should intervene as we do I'm not surprised the VAR said 'f**k this, I don't want to have anything to do with it', but overturning the card is a clear indictment on both the ref and the VAR.
The tackle wasn't that bad and the unfortunate outcome doesn't change that.

FFC Mariner

According to the BBC VAR overturned the yellow and instructed the ref to give a red.
In EPL they won't let refs view the TV screen and their VAR dabacles are even worse than ours

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

According to the BBC VAR overturned the yellow and instructed the ref to give a red.
In EPL they won't let refs view the TV screen and their VAR dabacles are even worse than ours
VAR is a f**kwit then. That wasn't even close to a red card.
I'm genuinely surprised how bad the VAR implementation is over there - and the practice of not allowing the ref to view incidents is absurd and against the intent of the laws.
The laws specifically state that VAR is not to recommend a particular decision unless asked and only conveys information. So clearly the intention is for the ref to review things like this - although the laws DO permit the stupid approach the EPL uses.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Just watching the highlight show on kayo for this week and I to say that Derby gave away two of the stupidest pelanty I’ve seen in quite a while the first one after mere minutes which was also a red card , fark moi

jacobsfl

Hoping to see Moise Kean suit up a few times; I want Richarlison to move out wide again into the Walcott role so he's still pushing forward.

If we're going to keep him and reach European football this season, he needs to get some minutes.

Wombat

Southhampton just went top of the EPL. Interestingly they play 442 with two excellent and quick strikers in Danny Ings and Che Adams. They also have Theo Walcott to bring on if if Ings or Adams is misfiring.

Its going to be an interesting season.

true believer

watching QPR and millwall and the referee is jarred "sock puppet"gillett .
fmd standards have dropped in england

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami