• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australian Football Stuff - not worthy of a thread

turbo

That match was a joke. Especially after WSW went 3-1 up but realistically as you said they should have been playing with 10. VAR didn’t have the guts to make the right call.

marinermick

I honestly thought Georgievski was going to have a stroke. All the refereeing ineptness was forgiven just for that moment.

Pirate Pete

That match was a joke. Especially after WSW went 3-1 up but realistically as you said they should have been playing with 10. VAR didn’t have the guts to make the right call.
From what I remember the ref was telling the Adelaide players he didn't see the Duke kick. Or at least that's how it seems.
Is the VAR even allowed to tell the ref to book or send someone off. I know the VAR is no longer allowed to upgrade a card from yellow to red.
Unlike in England where the VAR does upgrade cards.
Does the FFA still look at the game next week and bring charges?

pjennings

From what I remember the ref was telling the Adelaide players he didn't see the Duke kick. Or at least that's how it seems.
Is the VAR even allowed to tell the ref to book or send someone off. I know the VAR is no longer allowed to upgrade a card from yellow to red.
Unlike in England where the VAR does upgrade cards.
Does the FFA still look at the game next week and bring charges?

If they think it is a red they can. If they thought it was a yellow then I don't think so - at least outside the box. TBH I would have given the free-kick to WSW for the foul by Halloran and given them both yellows.

Pirate Pete

If they think it is a red they can. If they thought it was a yellow then I don't think so - at least outside the box. TBH I would have given the free-kick to WSW for the foul by Halloran and given them both yellows.
I'm not sure about he VAR telling the refs to issue cards. I'll see if I can find out.
I know this season they can't tell the ref to upgrade yellow to red.
But yes you're correct, both should have been booked at least.
If the ref had seen the incident Duke should have been sent off.

FFC Mariner

I'd guess it was a clear and obvious error - horrible tackle and the ref should have given a red to start with. Few weeks coming for Grant

style_cafe

I'm not sure about he VAR telling the refs to issue cards. I'll see if I can find out.
I know this season they can't tell the ref to upgrade yellow to red.
But yes you're correct, both should have been booked at least.
If the ref had seen the incident Duke should have been sent off.

Kurt Ams upgraded Rhyan Grant`s yellow to a red on the advice of the VAR.
First time he`s been sent off (first time he got caught more like it)...:popcorn:

turbo

Remember when they all came down hard on Rowles like it’s the worst tackle they’d ever seen and then last night poor Grant might still be concussed and it’s all you can’t do that but we sympathise.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Re the Grant red card...did you hear that rampaging f**ktard Mark Bosnich babbling on how about how Smurf’s playing the rest of the game without mega mullet was the bravest thing ever in A -League history ...I nearly f**king puked when i saw that ...I even tweeted the fool and told him he was delusional

true believer

geelong getting towelled 3 zip .ruden me thinks will be the 1st manager flick passed.
recording the second half just in case there is a punch up

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred