• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM semi first leg v Smurfs away

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenlig

If Theo hadn’t fallen over so much he would have been roughly on par with most of his games. Even Faz wasn’t getting all the fouls he usually does with his collapsing ironing board routine. Alou didn’t play much differently than he usually does, all the coordination and instinct of teenage bambi after a re-education camp. All in all it’s a fantastic win, and we had to grind it out. Incredible stamina, very well coached, but there’s something else about this group. Far better than the sum of their parts.

Nizzy’s comment after the game about the entire squad playing werewolf together was a solid insight. They celebrate like a team that is very close, and they get mad at each other like that too. It’s good to see and rare.

turbo

We did well. Not sure about the misguided hate for Alou and Theo
Theo needed to read the room more when he didn’t get the soft (but valid) calls early. A few things squandered by playing for the soft one. We know he can be strong so adapt.

JackMariner

Would have been amazing to put that further out of reach and was frustrating seeing us not pull the trigger up front but understandable with the travel we’ve done.
Yes, but does it not raise the question just how damaging the heirachy in the A League can be. I am sure they did not expect us to perform as we did particularly after such a short time after the Asia Cup Final. I honestly believe the home grand final was offered because they were expecting Sydney to defeat us, sorry but it's the conspiratorial streak in me!

turbo

The whole team was flaunting their medals and mimicking the crying eyes. Completely classless.
Someone on reddit said someone in our active pelted a beer at the girls which obviously isn’t good but they neglected to mention that bit..

LFCMariners

Going in I would've been happy with a 1-1 result considering the events of the past week.

So heading back home with a one-goal advantage in front of what should be a packed house is a bonus.

Although I wish they'd have scored another goal or two with the two man advantage to virtually seal the deal and feel as if it was a wasted opportunity. But considering the short turnaround and the weather, maybe it's over-reaching a tad?

greenlig

Sydney did pack behind the ball really well and didn’t get stretched, so it wasn’t as if we had so many chances to score at the end there. I think we saw the effects of overreaching when they broke a couple of times. Scared me shitless, boys looked a bit tired. Edmo did a massive run all the way back to the edge of our box to tackle Fabio I think it was, that was dope.

Tevor

A quiet reminder that was our 3rd big game in 9 days and we also slotted in 2 whole days of long haul travel in that time. And it is only 12 days since we got back from Kyrgyzstan. That was an all-timer performance and results under those circumstances
100% some on here should think before posting. These players have done immense things this season so calling them crap is just not on. The standards people expect are just unrealistic, give this team the credit they deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred