• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Grand Final vs Victory 23/24

turbo

Leagues club used to be super pro mariners, like back in the first few seasons.

What happened?
Leagues club went all in on pokies and hates anything that might be disruptive to anyone funneling their cash into the abyss. The way it's changed as a destination since the days of troppo is sad. Young people and fun are too much work for the $. Just a soulless place with no vibe or reason to go there. Every now and again I forget that and am quickly reminded.

LFCMariners

I had a very loud bloke behind me that kept giving his ridiculous opinions to the ref and everyone in the bay all game. Wouldnt shut up. Left before we scored and I got to enjoy extra time without the unwanted commentary.
Must have been the guy my parents switched seats to move away from…

shipwreck

Leagues club went all in on pokies and hates anything that might be disruptive to anyone funneling their cash into the abyss. The way it's changed as a destination since the days of troppo is sad. Young people and fun are too much work for the $. Just a soulless place with no vibe or reason to go there. Every now and again I forget that and am quickly reminded.
Crazy, I haven't lived on the coast for over a decade but the leaguesy, troppo run was a staple of my weekends.

What a shame

LFCMariners

Close to everything in Gosford, sports bar is comfy and there’s the snooker tables upstairs. Apart from that I tend to agree.

Josho Howe

The Melbourne City of venues one could say

LFCMariners

The Melbourne City of venues one could say
If we play them again and play it in Gosford, we should recommend the leagues club as the official pre-game venue. They'll appreciate being in a venue where management recognise that the night isn't about passion or about enjoyment- just business tonight. Only business. Cold-hearted f**king profits...

We can take the RSL instead >

Big Al

What a night/weekend! Winding down this afternoon at the Bayview at Woy Woy after seeing the boys at Erina Fair
First ever game at Industree Group Stadium and we copped that!
Was really worried for my son in the 89th minute as I didn't take him to Parra last year and thought he might cop a loss but held onto hope and wowwee did the place shake when the equaliser was scored!
I've been in 50k at Adelaide Oval several times but the Mariners goals last night easily had a louder crowd noise than I'd encountered at AO.
Had a great view of the pitch invasion from the main grand stand, beers were good and even got to see the band!
Was great meeting Big Al and getting some pointers and having some yarns at the Gosford before we joined in on the march.
So emotional for different reasons at different times, was the best time.
Thank you for embracing me coasties and letting an inter-stater adopt your team when the A League started.
My missus will be happy now as there will be a couple of months when I won't be screaming in delight when the Mariners score goals.
My mates will probably be happy too as I'll stop spamming Facebook with Mariners related posts for a little while.
COYY!
Was a pleasure to meet you and your Son. Glad it all came good there at the end.

So what did you think of the stadium? Was a perfect night for it.

Saw you sitting at the tables at Erina and was going to come have a chat after the celebrations but turned around and you were gone. You Probably went and chatted to the players

Definitely coming to an AU game in the future.

Big Al

I'm an interstate supporter and tried to get to at least one Gosford game each season for the last 10 years, sat with Big Al and his lovely wife and didn't admit to them that I've never been there for a win. I've seen a couple of draws and many losses.

Jinx broken!
What a night and way to break the Jinx.

JackMariner

As somebody with an appreciation for The Smiths, I knocked this up last night:

As somebody with an appreciation for The Smiths, I knocked this up last night:
As I said before

Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results maybe poor old Poopavic should take that into consideration.

montywoodpeg

Gosford RSL is quite nice, I've been going there for pre-game dinner with my parents when the opportunity presents, and the new venue is rather good. I've found the food to be good, with them occasionally still dealing with queuing and waiting times during busy periods. At least the queue doesn't interrupt anything else or block a thoroughfare, and there seem to be plenty of tables. Certainly has some more family-friendly sections.

Haven't even considered visiting the CCLC in perhaps a decade. I only remember it as being somewhat unwelcoming, with a terrible entrance, and significant focus on pokies - I remember having to weave around the big maze-like pokies section to get to the rest of the club.

Wedgie

Was a pleasure to meet you and your Son. Glad it all came good there at the end.

So what did you think of the stadium? Was a perfect night for it.

Saw you sitting at the tables at Erina and was going to come have a chat after the celebrations but turned around and you were gone. You Probably went and chatted to the players

Definitely coming to an AU game in the future.
Loved the stadium mate, was like the Holy Grail getting there finally!
The 2 Grand Finals I've been to have been so special as its so nice to be in a majority after being in less than 1% of the crowd at Adelaide games.
And to be in the grandstand that was actually physically shaking towards the end was something else.
I keep watching the highlights and replays and unashamedly have tears and I'm usually very unemotional.
Even my son said at the game on Saturday night "Awww Dad, you're tearing up!"
I saw my NSL club (Adelaide City) win 2 championships live, I've seen my AFL club with 2 GFs live, I"ve seen the 36ers win 2 NBL championships and I've seen my local SANFL Aussie Rules team win 3 flags live but my favourite was easily last Saturday night (and I never thought anything would top last year in Parra!)

We just headed off for a touristy cruise in the hirecare after Erina, left the player meeting to the kids, plus I knew we'd meet Nizzy at McDonalds the following day. :cool:
Look forward to seeing you in Adelaide but hopefully I beat you here by getting back up the Paradise!
(Or maybe I can talk the missus into moving up to the Coast!)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred