• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC Cup

Rising Sun

When a whole football league is geared at 10 average teams trying to come 3rd in a 2 team comp they are never going to have time to build. Maybe if he had won a derby he might have got a bit more sympathy but unlikely.
Some of those clubs would regard 3rd has an achievement. But he joined a club where 3rd was a minimum expectation, certainly amongst the fans.

The club didn't publicise the results but we supposedly got thumped in a few pre-season games last season. I wondered at the time if he was doubting the players he had brought in and didn't believe he could turn it round. Was anticipating a disappointing season and his stocks falling, and decided to gamble on the Hibs role rather than be patient and wait for the right opportunity

Reactions: adz

Rising Sun

Maybe 20 years ago 3rd was a realistic expectation for Hibs but it definitely shouldn't be now.

At the moment they would be lucky to expect to be the 3rd best team in Edinburgh, never mind the whole SPL.
I didn't say it was a realistic expectation, but that is the expectation of the fans. Which is why it was a dumb move - he pretty much had to overachieve just to keep his job.

FFC Mariner

I hope Monty gets to Sheffield. I do hate the idea of our CCM family playing or coaching against us
Wilder isnt going anywhere it seems and they are an off the field basket case IIRC.
Already docked 2 points in the championship for failing to pay transfer fees to other clubs

Rising Sun

Even if they dump Wilder, the poor results at Hibs will ensure Monty is not in the running. He is going to have to get some runs on the board in the UK, won't get the gig on sentiment alone

If he can't convince Hibs to give him longer then is next best option is to hope he can convince a club a bit lower down the chain - Scottish championship or English division 1 or 2 - to look beyond the results at Hibs. I think coming back to Oz would be a retrograde step for him given his ambitions

Last edited:

Michael

I reckon if we kept tulio, holy shit would have smashed some teams.
I whole heartedly agree, if he’d have stayed or we had another prolific #9 we would’ve won the league quite convincingly. I honestly think if come august, Tulio is still getting minimal minutes for an average team, we make a real go of getting him back on loan especially for the champions league, we need some proper elite visas for that comp. Yeah he’s on great money there but he’s also trying to make it to a higher level, hence coming here for exposure in the first place.

Holy

Can anyone help.

I want to buy the AFC shirt. Compared to the Paladin one from last year ( which mine is a large), do I need to go up a size (XL) with the Cikers one or are the same sizing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred