• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC Cup

Corsair

By the way, lovely local fans and ground staff made us feel very welcome. No beer allowed in the ground and no bar, however cultural differences respected and we were allowed to go to the 7-11 for takeaway beers. At half time we went for refills..... and found Shaun and half the staff doing the same!!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
The phrase! “I”ll take the win but it was a tough watch “ is spot fkn on …still, upwards and onwards

Corsair

@Corsair hows the game going from your viewpoint? Hopefully cheap beers and we’ll hear you sing in the second half. Is there more then 20 people there?
Approx 300-400 people, unsurprising considering its 4pm on a weds and pretty expensive for local people at 15 AUD. Only 4 of us fans in colours and about 8 Vanuatans, which is seriously impressive. Lovely folk, we had great fun with them. I was disappointed we didn't give Brian a 5 min cameo at least, miss by the club.

Last edited:

Corsair

I'll read through comments later, had a quick skim but this game has given me a lot of perspective on what people see on tv versus what you see at the ground, especially such a small ground.

The surface was very bad, the conditions were dreadful, the travel was awful (around 24 hours total to get here for the team). We fielded a team that was not our first choice, they worked hard and won 3-0.

After the game they came over and thanked us for coming to watch. Really surprised at some of the criticism.

Last edited:

Stuartmcateer

I'll read through comments later, had a quick skim but this game has given me a lot of perspective on what people see on tv versus what you see at the ground, especially such a small ground.

The surface was very bad, the conditions were dreadful, the travel was awful (around 24 hours total to get here for the team). We fielded a team that was not our first choice, they worked hard and won 3-0.

After the game they came over and thanked us for coming to watch. Really surprised at some of the criticism.
To be honest I think it’s less to do with the actual game yesterday and more the frustration that we went there with it still on the line after pooping the bed at home 2 weeks ago.

Tevor

Spot on, same in Bali. It’s not unless you are sitting in that humidity do you truely understand. Thanks for the perspective it was a great insight. We topped the group and that is all I care about.

Allreet?

We used to play pre-season games on the all-weather hockey pitch at Grammar. Stinking hot, and while the ball usually rolled true - it behaved so differently from a grass pitch you never quite knew where the ball was. Led to a lot of errors and I saw so many of those same control errors last night.

The players must have hated it.

bikinigirl

I’ll take the result but that was such a tough watch and I am really struggling to think of a worse performance from us in recent memory

. surely nothing can surpass the home match against Terengganu - but that was so truly woeful you may have wiped it from your memory

. i would say our performance was pedestrian ... and should probably be expected under those conditions. i'd much prefer to get the result than go out all guns blazing and be incapable of finishing the game, or worse

. the fact that i was posting during the game is a fair indicator of the pace :piralaugh:

marinermick

We used to play pre-season games on the all-weather hockey pitch at Grammar. Stinking hot, and while the ball usually rolled true - it behaved so differently from a grass pitch you never quite knew where the ball was. Led to a lot of errors and I saw so many of those same control errors last night.

The players must have hated it.

Played on that grammar pitch as well. It was horrid.

Pretty sure hockey pitches are made differently to international standard football pitches.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred