• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC Cup

Forum Phoenix

One L is all I hope we’ll take.
Ahhh,! I see what you did there.
Haven't seen the match yet but watched the highlights and read the commentary on here. Sounds like it was a good effort but just wasteful when it counted and a very unlucky OG right at half time. Second proper game in preseason and to go to Malaysia and come back with a draw, i would have been very happy. Unfortunate for Paull but that is the game we love.

Also a lot of hate for Theo but god damn he can hit a ball when he wants to (60th min) and the trickery to get between two players on the edge of the box was brilliant in the 77th min.

I don’t get hate for any player. But reasonable criticism is fine and expected and really on a footballl discussion forum, so is a bit of unreasonable criticism and unreasonable praise. We see plenty of both on here.

For mine most performances were good last night, though at times we obviously lacked cohesion. Our obvious issue was finishing. I don’t even know how much of that is sharpness related like many have said… because it’s hard skill for even a pro player to perform in a foreign hostile away game. Lot of players choke.

Paul’s was not a good debut and I don’t get Reec yet. Not calling for him to be booted. But as a fan I have to see something. Didn’t mind Wilson, Torres missed multiple chances but it’s clear he has a lot of talent and could be a real weapon for us. Theo I highly rate and am always a bit confused by those who don’t..,, seems like they’re determined to give him shit just because he’s built like Gimli. Guy can play,

Anyway, point is, as long as it’s above the belt, have at i it. No need for hating but no need for overt morality police on here either.

Huddo

Balard wasn’t out of position. We were playing with a diamond midfield. With Tulio dropping back there were also two tens and we were pushing extreme verticality often bypassing the midfield. Aside from finishing it probably worked. Biggest flaw was it was Maxy and he is so gun shy in the front third.

If that was by design, there is issues with it.
He felt out of position, too deep to be effective in the attack; too far forward so got caught when defending the counter.

turbo

Ref conspiracy
There’s no conspiracy or obvious agenda but there were mistakes. How they allowed their player to sit down for almost a third of the stoppage time and not add it on is beyond me.

The refs didn’t have it in for us, cost us the game or treat us poorly.

As for the OG it was unlucky, also completely avoidable but it’s hard to blame defenders for 1 moment when the forwards all wasted countless good opportunities.

marinermick

If that was by design, there is issues with it.
He felt out of position, too deep to be effective in the attack; too far forward so got caught when defending the counter.

To me it looked by design because of the nature of the verticality that was happening. It was in overdrive, almost too much as it was crowding players through our attacking third with both ours and their players. The speed and intent of vertical passing by excluding our midfield looked very much by design. I very much doubt Maxi would go against a game plan by ignoring a previous designed passing channel in the defensive side of midfield.

AJames

Anyone got leads for away tickets to the games Bali or Philippines? Spoke to the club and they’ve had no communication from the host clubs or AFC..

promdi442

Anyone got leads for away tickets to the games Bali or Philippines? Spoke to the club and they’ve had no communication from the host clubs or AFC..
Regarding the prices for the tickets for the games in the Philippines.
Cebu ( who are in the group with Macarthur) will be playing their first game tonight at Rizal Stadium in Manila. The ticket prices are as follows.
VIP 400 pesos
Category 1 is 300 pesos
Category 2 is free
The exchange rate currently is around 35 pesos to the dollar at most money changers in the shopping malls

I am currently in the Philippines and have contacted the Stallions official and he believes that the tickets for the Stallions game in Binan will also be 300 pesos. I will be talking to him further before I leave here so if you have any other queries just let me know.
I was assured by the official previously that there will be no problems about getting tickets and if given the approximate numbers required beforehand they will block off an area to ensure that Mariners supporters will be in one area.

Ironbark

Shame about the result but pleased and relieved by what I saw. I'm repeating myself a little here now - but it was fast, full of intent, dynamic, positive and technical. Just hope the new coach, whoever it turns out to be, knows what they've got and keeps it going.

Our forwards can really have a great season. Torres, Tulio, Kuol, Theo, DWH fed by Niz, Doka, Faz et al. - going to cut up defences for sure.
Kaltek has kept his form and will be the rock at the back, he'll lift whoever partners him. Balard/Steele in front to break up play and send it forward.

I genuinely thought I'd see a less cohesive, way more rusty performance last night. We lost, but as someone has already said with a few more inches of luck it was a 4-0 game.

Michael

Shame about the result but pleased and relieved by what I saw. I'm repeating myself a little here now - but it was fast, full of intent, dynamic, positive and technical. Just hope the new coach, whoever it turns out to be, knows what they've got and keeps it going.

Our forwards can really have a great season. Torres, Tulio, Kuol, Theo, DWH fed by Niz, Doka, Faz et al. - going to cut up defences for sure.
Kaltek has kept his form and will be the rock at the back, he'll lift whoever partners him. Balard/Steele in front to break up play and send it forward.

I genuinely thought I'd see a less cohesive, way more rusty performance last night. We lost, but as someone has already said with a few more inches of luck it was a 4-0 game.
Great summation.
It ain’t doom and gloom by any stretch. So many positives to build on. The only missing piece was hitting the back of the net. How annoyed we were last night, times that by 10 and I’m sure that’s how the boys felt.

Wombat

I thought we did well overall. Obviously the finishing was shite but we were the better side.

They were dirty and their left winger was very dangerous.

Vuko. 7.5. One cracking save. Looks switched on. Going to have a good season.
Doka 7. Great signing. Is dynamic and tireless.
Farrell 6.5. Solid
Kaltek 8. Rock solid
Paull 6. Horrendous schoolboy defending on the OG...but thats what he is, still a boy. TBH i can see a good player once he gets some confidence and believes he is good enough to play at this level. Monty would probably drop him after that so interesting to see if they stick.
Torres 6. Looks very exciting. Probably better than Beni once he finds his feet.
Nizzy 6.5. Usual tidy performance.
Balard 6.5. Couple of mistakes and sloppy when they hit the post but also looked very tidy on the ball and at times looked really good.
Wilson 5. Theo is obviously a better option but he is decent and will get better.
Tulio 6. Glimpses of his lovely talent. Finishing was ordinary.
Kuol 6. Missed some good changes but you can see his quality. He is going to have a very good season.

Theo, Kuol, Tulio and Torres are going to carve up some A League teams.

BTW....sign Ben Cahn now you idiots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred