• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2024 AFC U23 cup

capauau

Hopeless team. No idea how to play βš½βš½βš½πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«

capauau

8 minutes extra time first half. Surely at least 15 minutes 2nd half with all the time wasting to come

Spacks

Do these idiot centrebacks of ours know what a diagonal is? That's the Kuol's bread and butter.

Spacks

Don't bother watching the recap, it's just Indonesian's wasting time. It's truly pathetic to watch.

>Play out from the back
>shift ball from one flank to the other
>get cross
>????
>repeat
Truly disgusting. No creativity, no flair. I have to assume it's a national curriculum to setup like this.

Stuartmcateer

These boys were playing great a couple months ago and now gone to shit. Come home Faz and Alou were your needed and appreciated
It looks a different squad to the one that was playing well.

I watched the first 15 minutes and packed it in. Was worse than us in the Stan.

It would have been interesting to see them play with a full squad - add in circati, triantis, Robertson, nieuwenhof, peupion, yazbek even tilio and irankunda and it's a different proposition.

On the positive, faz and alou back before the Newcastle game at this rate (I doubt they would make it back in time for Wednesday given the last game is Monday morning our time).

booney

Velupillay is useless-even for Victory he is very inconsistent.Toure is strong and can hold the ball up but his shooting is poor at present.His penalty attempt was at the right height for the Indonesian keeper( who was very good though did some injury role playing).Both the Kuol boys did not contribute much when they came on nor did Brooks whom I don't rate anyway.

Overall Beach has been our best player over the 180 mins which says something.However not sure all should be on Vidmar as the coach.He doesn't shoot wildly,stuff up penalties,mishit,overhit and underhit passes or turn over the ball in dangerous positions.He probably lacks the ability to fire up his team and some of his selections and subs are puzzling.

There did not appear to be a real team leader on the field and none of our midfielders showed coolness under pressure and the ability to hold the ball.

However the Indonesians did play well and were tigerish in defence and quick to break.Again many of them were victims of a sniper in the crowd which is frustrating to watch.

turbo

mates lads at the back
The CB isnt a relation to the Victory coach from what I can see.

This squad should have done better. There's enough talent there to not be looking at 1 or 2 points from the group. From the description many have given the squad hasnt been motivated well or given great tactics. At least we get our boys back soon but its a big missed opportunity.

pjennings

Velupillay is useless-even for Victory he is very inconsistent.Toure is strong and can hold the ball up but his shooting is poor at present.His penalty attempt was at the right height for the Indonesian keeper( who was very good though did some injury role playing).Both the Kuol boys did not contribute much when they came on nor did Brooks whom I don't rate anyway.

Overall Beach has been our best player over the 180 mins which says something.However not sure all should be on Vidmar as the coach.He doesn't shoot wildly,stuff up penalties,mishit,overhit and underhit passes or turn over the ball in dangerous positions.He probably lacks the ability to fire up his team and some of his selections and subs are puzzling.

There did not appear to be a real team leader on the field and none of our midfielders showed coolness under pressure and the ability to hold the ball.

However the Indonesians did play well and were tigerish in defence and quick to break.Again many of them were victims of a sniper in the crowd which is frustrating to watch.
In Garang's defence he only ever got a chance in both games when the opposition were laying on the ground constantly. We never saw him involved when the play was uninterrupted.

booney

Garang should have started or come on earlier and that is one of Vidmar's mistakes.

I think Garang has as much potential and ability as Irankunda though he lacks the latter's thunderous shot but has a lot calmer temperament.His disastrous loan spells with Hearts and Volendam would have sapped his confidence.He needs to reset his career by coming back to CCM ,even if it is a loan spell from Newcastle United, or possibly going to a Championship side which treasures skilful players ( again on loan) or possibly even leaving the clutches of the Tyneside mob who posssibly have not helped him much but professional football at that level is a tough gig.

Insertnamehere

Don't bother watching the recap, it's just Indonesian's wasting time. It's truly pathetic to watch.

>Play out from the back
>shift ball from one flank to the other
>get cross
>????
>repeat
Truly disgusting. No creativity, no flair. I have to assume it's a national curriculum to setup like this.
On the curriculum thing, I think happens somewhere between u10 and u13. My young guy is u10 academy and you watch some of these teams and they are fkn amazing. Beautiful skills on the ball, creativity out the wazoo and amazing array of passing. Then I see the u13 and its just f**king boring. There's f**k all creativity, the kids dribble into defenders and can't hit a pass.

Maybe its not apples for apples. I dunno. We'll see in 3 or 4 years when the little fella is at that age.

pjennings

Garang should have started or come on earlier and that is one of Vidmar's mistakes.

I think Garang has as much potential and ability as Irankunda though he lacks the latter's thunderous shot but has a lot calmer temperament.His disastrous loan spells with Hearts and Volendam would have sapped his confidence.He needs to reset his career by coming back to CCM ,even if it is a loan spell from Newcastle United, or possibly going to a Championship side which treasures skilful players ( again on loan) or possibly even leaving the clutches of the Tyneside mob who posssibly have not helped him much but professional football at that level is a tough gig.
Yes please!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred