• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2019/20 Memberships

SuperHans

How about the Mariners donate a Family membership to each local junior club to raffle off? The clubs will benefit and its not like the stadium is chockers.
We would be improving links with the community, 'fishing where the fish are', exposing (hopefully) families who have not been members to the match day experience and with luck they will sign up themselves in the future.

shipwreck

Do they still do free entry for registered junior players? Can't remember when I read that but it was a great idea.

SuperHans

Hi Shipwreck, it looks like the juniors get a discounted membership through Mariners MyClub. Cost is $15 and 10% off merch and general admission. Something like a Gold Family membership should still be attractive; good seats, merch like the hats/stickers etc especially if the winner is announced at the clubs' award night and presented by a Mariner sqaud member?

Pokes

Do they still do free entry for registered junior players? Can't remember when I read that but it was a great idea.

Not free - but there is our $15 MyClub Membership for registered players up to the age of 12 (in line with the Mini Roos program) - so it's about $1.15 per game.

Pokes

How about the Mariners donate a Family membership to each local junior club to raffle off? The clubs will benefit and its not like the stadium is chockers.
We would be improving links with the community, 'fishing where the fish are', exposing (hopefully) families who have not been members to the match day experience and with luck they will sign up themselves in the future.

The club regularly donates Memberships & items for local club fundraising purposes and this year have committed to giving a free ticket to the opening game to all registered participants to makes the finals. The winners of the grand finals will also receive a 3 Game Membership!

Wombat

Not free - but there is our $15 MyClub Membership for registered players up to the age of 12 (in line with the Mini Roos program) - so it's about $1.15 per game.

That is basically free. Less than a 6 Pack or packet of ciggies.

marinermick

That is basically free. Less than a 6 Pack or packet of ciggies.

And I agree to put a price on it.

Giving stuff away for free devalues the product and makes people not appreciate the quality of product on offer.

There is plenty of evidence about to suggest that giving away free tickets only has short term gain, but at the determent of long term gain.

Big Al

Giving stuff away for free devalues the product and makes people not appreciate the quality of product on offer.

There is plenty of evidence about to suggest that giving away free tickets only has short term gain, but at the determent of long term gain.
Also shows they want it. Not just thanks and put it somewhere and forget about it

Ironbark

So I went to the Mariners first ever game against the scum. I had never played football and only followed it in passing - essentially world cups, socceroos and bits and pieces of epl.

After that game I didn't really follow the first season, or much of the second.
Then the local bottleo started up this promotion late in the second season where if you spent $50 or more you got 2 free platinum tickets. So the wife and myself started going to games regularly, because, why not.

As you know the Mariners at that time under Lawrie were a great team to follow. They played with genuine heart and it was exciting. I got hooked. Rusted on, passionately, permanently hooked. The following years just cemented it further. Certainly enough to weather the last few sessions *grin*

I guess I'm just saying maybe don't write off the value of giving away free tickets just yet

marinermick

So I went to the Mariners first ever game against the scum. I had never played football and only followed it in passing - essentially world cups, socceroos and bits and pieces of epl.

After that game I didn't really follow the first season, or much of the second.
Then the local bottleo started up this promotion late in the second season where if you spent $50 or more you got 2 free platinum tickets. So the wife and myself started going to games regularly, because, why not.

As you know the Mariners at that time under Lawrie were a great team to follow. They played with genuine heart and it was exciting. I got hooked. Rusted on, passionately, permanently hooked. The following years just cemented it further. Certainly enough to weather the last few sessions *grin*

I guess I'm just saying maybe don't write off the value of giving away free tickets just yet

Those tickets weren’t free. You paid $50 for alcohol and got them. There was a value attached to them. In fact, even better, you were rewarded for shopping at your bottlo. F

Wombat

The Settlers at West Gosford (I think it has a new name now) This is a quality bottle shop. Far superior to BWS and Liquorland.

Reactions: adz

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami