• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Grand Final vs Victory 23/24

priorpeter

I know I'm a minority but I never minded the band.
The band was good value when it used to coordinate with the active. Sadly, it all fell apart and the head of the band left. The new band leader attended a meeting with ccm and YA, and in a nutshell demanded the band have a 24 piece band playing at every game. The relationship fell apart pretty f**king quickly from there.

I still have a fairly good friendship with the original leader of the band, but I would say no to the band - if they’re getting freebies from the APL. If they’ve paid their own way like the rest of the active support, sure, let’s talk.

Jimmy

The band was good value when it used to coordinate with the active. Sadly, it all fell apart and the head of the band left. The new band leader attended a meeting with ccm and YA, and in a nutshell demanded the band have a 24 piece band playing at every game. The relationship fell apart pretty f**king quickly from there.

I still have a fairly good friendship with the original leader of the band, but I would say no to the band - if they’re getting freebies from the APL. If they’ve paid their own way like the rest of the active support, sure, let’s talk.

I was speaking with someone the other day about this.

Apparently the original leaders of the band only heard half the story when YA asked the newer members to not return if they weren't going to work with us.

I am not surprised by this.
As Pete said if they're happy to work with us and are their to be fans, we're happy to have them.

FFC Mariner

Personally I loathe the concept. It sends a terrible message that we are not a serious football club and when compared to a genuine classical violinist its looks we tried and failed. We will be a laughing stock (as we are everytime they appear)

/end rant

adz

Staff member
I don't like how they keep trying to take attention away from the football and onto themselves - like marching around the stands in front of people. We're there to watch football, not a marching band. And some people might say they play the same few songs so many times you would think they'd be good at them by now.

Paolo

Last resort... Adcock Park. Has 1 undercover court.

images

bikinigirl

Personally I loathe the concept. It sends a terrible message that we are not a serious football club and when compared to a genuine classical violinist its looks we tried and failed. We will be a laughing stock (as we are everytime they appear)

/end rant

. classical violinist ... ha!

. we had the piper first ... is there anything that integrates with further fan involvement? a call and response with a piper perhaps?

Tevor

. classical violinist ... ha!

. we had the piper first ... is there anything that integrates with further fan involvement? a call and response with a piper perhaps?
I believe the Piper now resides in Adelaide, I went to an away match there and he was there playing. Nice bloke and added a really good atmosphere to the 15 odd supporters that were there. Pretty sure he said he used to play at the games many years ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred