• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Who looks good this season?

Wombat

So everyone had a run apart from the Scummers.

What are your views on the teams we will face.

Here is my tuppence worth.

Adelaide Not bad but not much penetration. Maybe 4th to 7th spot most likely.
Brisbane. Playing a good old fashioned 442 and dominated last season's best team. Probably top 6.
Coasties. Only a CF away from being top 4 or 5. Vastly improved over last season......depth will be a worry.
Melb City. Strong side but still flawed. Lachie missed a sitter. Hard to judge ....anywhere from 1st to 9th.
Victory. look weaker than last year. 4th to 8th.
Scum....bottom 3. Dirty bogans.
Perth. Not sure.....could be in decline. Top 6.
Sydney FC.....not convincing but still have alot of quality. Top 3.
Wellington. Not terrible but dodgy in the box. Bottom 4.
Drive By's. I cant see a good season but have talent to come back in. Most likey bottom 5.
Western Whatever.....Some decent players. Impressed by McDonald and the Italian. Defensively well set up. I see a top 5 finish.

turbo

I wasn’t impressed with what I saw from WU or the nix. I thought both were slow and poor. The slowest by far of the matches I saw this weekend. I didn’t catch as much of the second half though so that might have changed. They’ll be bottom 5 unless they have more up their sleeve.

Top teams I see being Sydney, City Perth, Victory (if they can get it together).
Bottom teams Nix, Jets (haven’t seen them but they’ve had some horror luck with injuries. Will take something special from Dimi to keep them afloat), WU.
Unknowns - WSW were pretty poor but I expect them to improve. Roar showed positive signs in preseason but hard to know if they just peaked early. Us - can we get a few wins build some confidence and score some goals. Adelaide - I want to see a couple more games before I make my mind up. As wombat said not much penetration up front so far being the biggest concern and the loss of some good players.

ryan

I'm expecting the usual suspects, Sydney,Victory, Perth and City to make up the top four. Adelaide will be consistent and thereabouts and the rest are all a mystery and could finish anywhere

Tevor

So far;
I think Victory will come good however it is the weakest I've seen them in mid field for a long time so I think whilst they may make the finals I doubt they will be top 2. Their new 10 Dobras will take time to adjust to the HAL. Could just be a typical Victory slow start to the season, we have seen it before.

WSW are looking pretty good this season, Babbel needed to produce this season and now he has his heavily German based team they will be competitive and definitely in the mix at the end of the season. Interested to see how they go in the Derby next Saturday as they have been dominated the last 3 or so years.

Glory, slow out the box and to be honest were very lucky to get a point against WU yesterday. Is it the Popa second year syndrome again? Still a quality side that has not changed much, looked good at times however still a long way from playing like last years Glory. Will be interesting to watch the next few games to see if they start getting their mojo back. Every team is turning up to play them which is expected after last years results and coupled with AFC, finals however now feel not top 2.

WU, wow they will score some long range bombs this year and are probably the team with the most fire power from long range. Some super shots against Glory that could have seen them comfortably beat the Glory yesterday by three or four. Will be interesting to see how all their old boys handle the hot humid summer conditions as the season progresses. Depth may be an issue if some key players get injured. Diamanti is very good and key for them.

Scum, look a solid team and injuries have impacted their scoring options. Looked a bit one dimensional last night with Petratos their only real attacking out let so teams will shut him down. No finals for them.

CCM, surely we can't give away a hand ball every game!!!! without them we could be on 4 points and top 4. Building nicely and will surprise a few teams this season. Feel we may just miss the finals and we will talk all off season about the points we dropped for silly mistakes and what could have been.

AU, look solid however not super impressive. Seems to be a normal AU side, may struggle to make the finals.

SFC, top 2 I feel and will be a good consistent team this season and close to best mid field in the comp.

Nux, no finals for them. Shouldn't be in the comp as well.

City; Top 2 this year. Looks to be their best team since they began in the HAL. Will score heaps and quality defence, also their coach looks to be quality. Maybe it's just his glasses that make him look smart. Noone to be the best player of the HAL season with lots of goals and assists.

Roar; they will grind away and if some results go their way should make the finals. A lot of hype on this team and results expected so will be interesting to see how they handle this. Will be tough to beat at home. Big question is how many games will Roy be suspended for this season? At least 5 IMO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami