• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 21 v Western United (A)

Josho Howe

Well, we're back down in Victoria for Western away after losing there convincingly not that many weeks ago. This losing streak really needs to be broken and we can only do that by finally putting a football in a net at either end of a pitch.

Tevor

I read an article where Rudan mentions this game as their opportunity to break out of a bad spell as well. A lot riding on this one and unfortunately we don’t perform well in these circumstances. They are very beatable.

marinermick

We outplayed them tactically first game (though lucky to win). They outplayed us tactically second game.

Battle of the coaches this game.

Despite the three-nil loss I don’t expect any changes.

Insertnamehere

I liked the more central attack last week but it wasn't useful because of a lack of forward runs through the line and SFC narrowed quickly. Would like to see it done again but spread the wingers so at worst there's a channel to the byline inside the box.
I don't think WUTD will be as disciplined or drilled as SFC so should see more success.

jacobsfl

uhhhhhh

Birras
Miller Ruon Ziggy Clisby
Kim Stens
DDS Nizzy Mac
Harold

Subs - pearce, fox (if available), djuric, oar, ALOU KUOL (give the man some minutes, please).

I think Western have the worst playing style in the league, but it generates results. We need to turn our chances into goals if we're going to even dream of winning this one.

Pirate Pete

Western United FC squad: 1.Filip KURTO (gk), 4.Andrew DURANTE, 5.Dylan PIERIAS, 6. Tomoki IMAI, 7.Valentino YUEL, 9.Apostolos STAMATELOPOULOS, 10. Steven LUSTICA 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Dario JERTEC, 14.Max BURGESS, 17.Joshua CAVALLO, 18.Besart BERISHA, 19.Josh RISDON, 22.Tomislav USKOK, 23.Alessandro DIAMANTI (c), 24.Thiel IRADUKUNDA, 25.Luke DUZEL, 27.Jerry SKOTADIS, 28.Oskar Dillon, 30.Ryan SCOTT (gk)

**2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 9.Apostolos STAMATELOPOULOS (promoted), 24.Thiel IRADUKUNDA (promoted), 25.Luke DUZEL (promoted)

Outs: 8.Panagiotis KONE (arm)

Unavailable: 2.Aaron CALVER (foot - 2 weeks) 13.Ivan VUJICA (osteitis ), 20.James DELIANOV (gk) (knee, season), 3.Brendan HAMILL (knee, season)

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ian Zygmunt GORDON, 3.Jack CLISBY, 4.Eunsun KIM, 7.Milan ÐURIĆ, 8.Michael MCGLINCHEY, 9.Jordan MURRAY, 10.Tommy OAR, 11.Daniel DeSilva, 12.Adam PEARCE (gk), 15.Kye ROWLES, 16.Dylan FOX, 17.Sam SILVERA, 18.Gianni STENSNESS, 19.Matt SIMON, 21.Ruon TONGYIK, 24.Chris HAROLD, 26.Joshua NISBET, 27.Lewis MILLER, 29.Jair BRITTO

**2-4 to be omitted**

In: 15.Kye ROWLES (Return from Injury), 16.Dylan FOX (Promoted)

Hyundai-A-League-Match-Centre.jpg

turbo

I'd like to see the same line up and effort we brought against Sydney but perhaps different subs. WU have been playing a very negative game lately so I hope Staj is drilling them to be confident and take their chances in attack. Be prepared to have a shot from range.

Tevor

Western United FC squad: 1.Filip KURTO (gk), 4.Andrew DURANTE, 5.Dylan PIERIAS, 6. Tomoki IMAI, 7.Valentino YUEL, 9.Apostolos STAMATELOPOULOS, 10. Steven LUSTICA 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Dario JERTEC, 14.Max BURGESS, 17.Joshua CAVALLO, 18.Besart BERISHA, 19.Josh RISDON, 22.Tomislav USKOK, 23.Alessandro DIAMANTI (c), 24.Thiel IRADUKUNDA, 25.Luke DUZEL, 27.Jerry SKOTADIS, 28.Oskar Dillon, 30.Ryan SCOTT (gk)

**2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 9.Apostolos STAMATELOPOULOS (promoted), 24.Thiel IRADUKUNDA (promoted), 25.Luke DUZEL (promoted)

Outs: 8.Panagiotis KONE (arm)

Unavailable: 2.Aaron CALVER (foot - 2 weeks) 13.Ivan VUJICA (osteitis ), 20.James DELIANOV (gk) (knee, season), 3.Brendan HAMILL (knee, season)

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ian Zygmunt GORDON, 3.Jack CLISBY, 4.Eunsun KIM, 7.Milan ÐURIĆ, 8.Michael MCGLINCHEY, 9.Jordan MURRAY, 10.Tommy OAR, 11.Daniel DeSilva, 12.Adam PEARCE (gk), 15.Kye ROWLES, 16.Dylan FOX, 17.Sam SILVERA, 18.Gianni STENSNESS, 19.Matt SIMON, 21.Ruon TONGYIK, 24.Chris HAROLD, 26.Joshua NISBET, 27.Lewis MILLER, 29.Jair BRITTO

**2-4 to be omitted**

In: 15.Kye ROWLES (Return from Injury), 16.Dylan FOX (Promoted)

Hyundai-A-League-Match-Centre.jpg
No Aspro at all for WU, gee he made a wise move.

turbo

Him and Kye paired this year would have been sick.
Didn’t we try that last season? I think it was one or the other at least as CBs unless we committed early to a back 3. I’d be fine with those two along side a more experienced mentor but playing two young CBs in a back 4 is a big risk IMO

Insertnamehere

Didn’t we try that last season? I think it was one or the other at least as CBs unless we committed early to a back 3. I’d be fine with those two along side a more experienced mentor but playing two young CBs in a back 4 is a big risk IMO
Aspro is 24 with 60 games and Rowles is nearing 50. Shouldnt need a big brother now.
Anyway its a moot statement.

turbo

Aspro is 24 with 60 games and Rowles is nearing 50. Shouldnt need a big brother now.
Anyway its a moot statement.
I’m not saying they would be terrible, just that most successful back lines in the league tend to have at least one senior CB at the core of the back line and running the show. Aspro - Ziggy - Rowles would have been alright even if Ziggy isn’t a typical senior CB. Would have let us keep Kim in DM more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami