• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners vs adelaide

BAD BULLZ

:fireup: :vhappy:Its on Top of the table saturday night no excuses  :naughty: coastys just get there be loud and proud the boys are going to need all the help they can get it will be another mixed up lineup no sash and quite possibly no boogs not to mention we have a whole week of training plenty of time for the others to get hurt ::) lets fire up and get some predications coming lets really build some hype with possible lineups scores crowds.

M

mariners_4_ever

no sasho- no osman- browny re-injured himself at training last saturday-possible no boogs?? what about nik?? anyone heard anything as to his return??
   goood turnout last game and with the kids free night maybe 12 1/2 this week ???
going to be hard as reds were fired up over in adelaide, but with more marinators behind the mariners than we had over there will help.  2-1 win (fingers crossed)

danny

clarky               o'grady                        wilko (c)              tony

simons             tommy p               hutcho                    heff

johnny A                            kwassy

bench :-   trotty      chicken      gumps      jedi

lets get fired up and help the boys home with the points. hopefully throat should be recovered by then !!!! :vhappy:

CCM-JAM80

Tough, tough gig this weekend vs Adelaide - especially an Adelaide smarting from the 1-0 home loss to Queensland which will IMO come back to severely bite them in the ass.

We will field a depleted outfit though I still think we can get out best home crowd turn out this season on Saturday afternoon. I was a little disappointed in the turn out last week (well played Marinators BTW, you guys represented well once again) on a perfect Sunday afternoon for football.

John Aloisi will score his first A-League goal this weekend (oh how he nearly opened the account last week on a couple of occasions) and that will be worth the price of admission let alone being a top of the table clash!

ballantyne

In the Melbourne game we played with what I like to call a "flat front four". Look how many offsides we conceded - none. That's a bad sign in my view.  And I was paying a lot of attention to that touchie!
In a way I'm glad Sasho's out because I don't think he and Aloisi have yet worked out. With Kwassy up there, playing in a little deeper, playing the ball diagonally forward for Aloisi to run on to, we're gonna penetrate the defence a lot easier. Recently we've been scoring mostly speculators, and I'm struggling to remember any recent occasion when we've really got in behind a defence. Coupled with our woeful crossing, this is a problem. I thought Kwassy was wasted on the left wing, but he's still unreliable in front of goal. That rebound that Sasho netted, Kwassy would have put that over the bar half the time. So I want to see us play 4-4-1-1 against Adelaide, and we will win 3-1.
Jonathan

CCM-JAM80

CCM-JAM80 said:
John Aloisi will score his first A-League goal this weekend (oh how he nearly opened the account last week on a couple of occasions) and that will be worth the price of admission let alone being a top of the table clash!

And for my trouble I earnt $600 ($100 on Aloisi to score first) - you can't say I didn't warn you. If we were going to win this, the class of Aloisi was going to get us across the line and that was proven tonight!

What a great win!

Seeing a John Aloisi double was quite simply awesome!

Matty Simon was robbed of his first A-league goal tonight. I sit in the Western Grandstand though it  was clear as day that it wasn't off side IMO. He played well, worked hard, lacks some finesse that Petrovski brings though he can be proud. I led the standing ovation when he came off tonight - he deserved it.

Danny in goal was impressive - AGAIN. It won't be long before he is snatched up by a European club.

WELL DONE BOYS, YOU ARE 6pts CLEAR! :D

cpb2007

A great win... one of the best games this season... Wilkinson was outstanding...as was Jedinak... Simon has a big career ahead of him... what a poor decision to give his goal offside... the second linesman in 2 weeks to show poor judgement.  Adelaide are no easybeats, and the boys shoud be really proud of themselves... got too worry about Danny though.. he is just so good.. can we really expect him to stay around when europe comes calling ???  as it surely must... still we're 6 points clear... its looking good... how does everyone feel about Urawa (maybe) at Bluetongue in 2009 ??? the stuff that dreams are made of eh !!!!!!

prw1960

Another great effort from the boys, if you want to have a rant about the teams performance, dont forget Fans Rant on 2KY Football Fever tomorrow night.

Airtime on commercial radio for Marinators.  Call 8517 1017 to have your say.

There will be post game interviews from Lawrie and a player.

Also on the show, the chance to win a LA Galaxy shirt complete with Beckham's name and number on it, plus, an adidas football to boot. Plus, how to meet the great man himself !

Plus, we preview the massive Olyroo encounter next week with coach Graham Arnold, talk with Roar coach Frank Farina, preview the Socceroo's match with Francis Awaritefe and catch up with former Sydney Olympic star Alistair Edwards in Where Are They Now.

As well, interviews from the EPL and other A league coaches.

2KY Football Fever - 1017am - 9-11pm Sunday Night.

CCM-JAM80

Thanks for the heads up there pwr - I will be listening in and may even ring in, I am just so proud of our club, as proud as I have ever been in our short time as a professional football outfit. John Aloisi is a long time favourite of mine and to see him in my side is something I never would have predicted in a million years. This is a special season, one that will be hard to topped if we have the success I envisage :D

Statue

It was a good game last night, they were looking very dangerous for most of the game and deserved the win. It was defiently our best game of the season so far

BAD BULLZ

OH FARK YEAH
That was the first time all season we played top football with the right attitude for full 92mins and we showed how dominient the boys can be when they put it together.Bay 16 was the loudest its been for a full game as well we were as pumped as the players i think.FARKIN  :fireup: :fireup: :fireup:FIREUP WE R TOP OF THE LEAGUE :vhappy:

promdi442

UNfortunately I wasnt able to be there. I watched the Fox replay this morning and it showed the crowd as 7000 plus but in the paper this morning it was 11000 plus. WHAT WAS THE OFFICIAL CROWD?????

CCM-JAM80

Eggy said:
OH FARK YEAH
That was the first time all season we played top football with the right attitude for full 92mins and we showed how dominient the boys can be when they put it together.Bay 16 was the loudest its been for a full game as well we were as pumped as the players i think.FARKIN  :fireup: :fireup: :fireup:FIREUP WE R TOP OF THE LEAGUE :vhappy:

haha I love what you guys (Marinators) bring to the game each and every week - I agree - last week was the loudest I have heard you all for a while.

Keep up the great work. The boys and your fellow Mariner fans appreciate it!

promdi442

cpb2007 said:
... got too worry about Danny though.. he is just so good.. can we really expect him to stay around when europe comes calling ??? ... how does everyone feel about Urawa (maybe) at Bluetongue in 2009 ??? the stuff that dreams are made of eh !!!!!!

Interesting comments cpb2007 and I got to thinking.

WHO IS STILL GOING TO BE IN THE SQUAD IN 2009 when we go up against Uwawa or whoever.
I think it is an interesting talking point. The make up of the squad in Asia could and most probably will be totally different to that which will qualify in 2007/08.

It will be interesting to watch which way Laurie goes when he recruits his squads for the future with Asia also playing a part in his reckoning.

Asia at Bluetongue will be fantastic.

Julz

Hey guys, Loved the game on Saturday but was disappointed with the crowd size, what do we have to do to get the people of the Central Coast to a home game. I dont think they realise its not only the actual game that is exciting its also the crowd and the Marinators that makes it a great experience.

Jeff (LouMacari)

thanks for the feedback Julz (et all) I'm not sure what else the Mariners CAN do to get more crowds except persevere. Our numbers are still growing and compared along side our population are actually very good!

I gotta say those corporate box tickets we won in the Kendall bar before the game were awesome! especially seeing as thats the end both goals were scored. The Marinators sounded excellent at times and those other times I couldn't hear them was purely down to acoustics as I could see them all moving and jumping etc. It's only because I know the words and actions to them all though that I knew what was happening, I can imagine others in the stadium thinking that nothing is being sung at times because the wind carries the voices away etc.

Looking forward to getting back with you 'plebs' in Newcastle (unless we  win more tickets to a corp box somewhere! LOL)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred