• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Draw 2019/20

midfielder

Not unhappy but as always could be improved...

Tuesday night NYE ... 7:30
Friday .... 2 matches at 7:50 ... late normally means a reasonable crowd and at 7:50 time to get home from the city
Saturday ... 2 matches at 5:15 and 2 matches at 7:30.
Sunday ... 5 matches at 4:00 and 1 match at 6:00 of the 5 matches at 4:00 , 3 are in summer and thats not good

midfielder

On further reflection 6 Sunday games with 5 at 4:00, of which 3 are in summer and the other 2, 4:00 games close to summer... thats beach / river / lake time on the Coast ... so 6 out of 13 matches on Sunday seems IMO 2 maybe 3 to many ...

turbo

It's also a family friendly time for a Sunday. 4PM is probably better for numbers of travelling WSW fans in round 17 too.

style_cafe

Then we have the bye in round 3 and we don`t get to see our team for a month
That`s followed by 2 home games to get the crowd back then another month without seeing them at home.
That to me says bye bye to any new supporters we may have added...:popcorn:

All teams should play at home after the bye...common sense?

Coastalraider

It's also a family friendly time for a Sunday. 4PM is probably better for numbers of travelling WSW fans in round 17 too.
Bingo.

My 2 kids go to bed at 7pm, so those tones are ideal for me. Can swim a 6pm game if it’s a good one, but not a 7.50.

Forum Phoenix

Then we have the bye in round 3 and we don`t get to see our team for a month
That`s followed by 2 home games to get the crowd back then another month without seeing them at home.
That to me says bye bye to any new supporters we may have added...:popcorn:

All teams should play at home after the bye...common sense?

As someone who brings newbies most years, the typical 1 game at home in the first 5 or 6 games makes it hard to gather interest / momentum till after this point.

And 1 game at home in the first 5 or 6 games is a recipe to get off to a poor start. Which is what always worries me most.

Tevor

Game times and not being at home will not matter if we play better and win some games. Need momentum starting with a win against the Roar away in the Cup. We need a good showing in this game or the “old Mariners” calls will come out. Need Kim fit and firing as well as Marko as we will leak 3 or 4 with our make shift defence. Birraz will need to have a huge game like Bon Scott did.

style_cafe

As someone who brings newbies most years, the typical 1 game at home in the first 5 or 6 games makes it hard to gather interest / momentum till after this point.

And 1 game at home in the first 5 or 6 games is a recipe to get off to a poor start. Which is what always worries me most.

I totally agree FP, our seasons are totally disrupted by weeks without games at home.
The only way to go is Home one week, Away the other... fullstop.

How are we to get any crowd support when we don`t have a game at home for a month twice in the first half of the seson?
In fact we get 3 home games, 2 byes and 5 away games in the first 10 rounds
This is stupidity at its best,and we just sit here copping it FFS.
Not a happy camper here...:fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup:

Tevor

I totally agree FP, our seasons are totally disrupted by weeks without games at home.

How are we to get any crowd support when we don`t have a game at home for a month twice in the first half of the seson?
Not a happy camper here...:fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup:
We lost any kind of voice or ability to influence years ago Style. We just have to make do and results will be key.

Forum Phoenix

Yeah totally agree, 3 home games in the first 10 rounds is a poor balance and a simple home away home away would be terrific.

marinermick

On further reflection 6 Sunday games with 5 at 4:00, of which 3 are in summer and the other 2, 4:00 games close to summer... thats beach / river / lake time on the Coast ... so 6 out of 13 matches on Sunday seems IMO 2 maybe 3 to many ...

Sunday 9 February, 4pm at Newcastle.

There will be no one standing in that away bay!

MagpieMariner

Can't understand why FFA can't or won't do a simple home, away, home, away schedule. Granted the bye can be a problem but only a minor one. I used a spreadsheet to do an inter-district bowling league once with a similar number of teams, not difficult.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Original image is gone - https://www.a-league.com.au/news/central-coast-mariners-hyundai-a-league-201920-season-draw- here's the link

EBaZejcUcAEIiNw

Wanderers x3
Jets x3
Glory x3
City x2
Adelaide x2
Western Utd x3
Roar x3
Sydney x2
Nix x2
Victory x2

Of course there some anomalies...playing Adelaide twice in 5 weeks before we play Nix once, but aside from that it seems reasonably spread out.

Timmah

Of course there some anomalies...playing Adelaide twice in 5 weeks before we play Nix once, but aside from that it seems reasonably spread out.
I did notice that - last season the FFA made every effort to split the fixturing into equal thirds but this season that appears to have gone by the wayside. Although I do note we have no double-ups in our last 10 games, which is a good thing.

SuperHans

As someone who brings newbies most years.
Am tossing up whether to give (waste?) a ticket on a new workmate who says she isn't interested in sport. I haven't tried this before. I'm thinking that the atmosphere at the game may bring her back from the Dark Side. Do the newbies you bring already have an interest in football FP? Has anyone brought football virgins to a game before and how did that fare?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami