• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Away game venue discussion

ashman89

That'd be a question for CCLC.
My understanding of it is that any and all football fans that were on the board are no longer and the current members do not care for football.

But they're more than happy to make money from CCM playing games next to their club.
Well maybe it’s time to change the views of the board? Which one of the 3 supporter clubs has a plan? Or is this a place we don’t want to go for away games?

priorpeter

Well maybe it’s time to change the views of the board? Which one of the 3 supporter clubs has a plan? Or is this a place we don’t want to go for away games?

We’ve tried a number of times over the years. They haven’t wanted to engage. We want a venue that actually wants to engage with us, that will also consistently provide a good atmosphere for football fans and a positive experience - rather than being shafted for live music/replays of the 1997 rugby league grand final/dapto dogs.

I’m not saying it’s completely off the table - if they show a willingness to work with us then we’ll absolutely promote it as an away day venue.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Lack of away day venues is tragic.

Sick and tired of going to cc leagues or mingara and needing to haggle and typically miss the opening of games because only the person on the break even knows how to change the channel or some such.

The lack of respect to their very own patrons who just want to watch our own local professional side play is galling.

Last edited:

Coast Football Ramble

The only way to get things changed at the CCLC is to show up at an AGM with a lot of us and vote in a different board.

I remember one time they refused to put CCM on the big screen for 30 of us as there was one guy who wanted to watch a replay of a Wallabies match. And apparently national teams took priority*. (Even though it was a repeat from several days ago)

*unless it's Socceroos, as we were again refused the big screen for a match because there was 1 guy watching the horses.

Having said all this about CCLC. We did have a very good run with them whilst Charles was there.
Marinators purchased a projector which was installed in the the Kendall bar and used for away games and pre games. This was probably our best ever venue for hosting such things. Both Marinators and Yellow Army held a lot of events in this venue. Such as trivia night's, pre game interviews with Bosnich, Slater etc; a drunken kwasnik for an away game.
Unfortunately a gym got put above the Kendall and other patrons used and eventually broke the projector, both of these factors as well as turn down turn in form of CCM lead to the demise of this venue being used.
The Kendall bar and CCLC used to hold a lot of fan photos and merch on the walls. As well as safely securing banners, drums, and other things for us.
Which reminds me that I need to get the Donny Parkes Trophy back from them.

We've previously gone to CCLC, Mingara, Soccer5s, Sidelines, Club Tuggerah and probably a few others I can't recall now.

Mingara had similar issues as CCLC but now seems to have a pretty decent sports bar.

Sidelines wasn't a great venue for it and they're gone now anyway. (Still owe CFR money too).

Soccer5s, we had some quite successful away days here. We were giving free pitch usage and ordered food in (they now have a cafe).
We eventually stopped. But can't remember why.

Any way.
Yellow Army are on the lookout for a decent away and pre game venue.
Any suggestions at welcome.
If you know a venue owned by a football person it'd be great to hear about it.

-Jimmy

turbo

Why don’t CCLC support CCM anymore?
Because it’s a distraction/annoyance for the oldies quietly flushing their cash away on the pokies. It’s a huge shame but the leaguesy is a hole now and a shadow of what it was 15 years ago.

turbo

If the big clubs like Mingara/CCLC aren’t coming to the party have you talked to some smaller clubs that have more dependence on their food and drink business? Not sure how the RSLs or other leagues clubs (Erina leagues is good and not short of space, Gosford RSL has multiple function rooms, maybe Ourimbah RSL) would be but maybe places like Tallies/Narara Valley Tav or any of the clubs that have a relationship with local football clubs. Pending a suitable space of course.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
If the big clubs like Mingara/CCLC aren’t coming to the party have you talked to some smaller clubs that have more dependence on their food and drink business? Not sure how the RSLs or other leagues clubs (Erina leagues is good and not short of space, Gosford RSL has multiple function rooms, maybe Ourimbah RSL) would be but maybe places like Tallies/Narara Valley Tav or any of the clubs that have a relationship with local football clubs. Pending a suitable space of course.
I’m a member of Erina leagues , went in there one day to have lunch with the wife wearing a CCM t shirt...a knucklehead looked at me and said what a poofter sport...can only hope that ain’t the general feeling there

ashman89

I’m a member of Erina leagues , went in there one day to have lunch with the wife wearing a CCM t shirt...a knucklehead looked at me and said what a poofter sport...can only hope that ain’t the general feeling there
Same and same mate. They are league and league only haha

ashman89

The only way to get things changed at the CCLC is to show up at an AGM with a lot of us and vote in a different board.

I remember one time they refused to put CCM on the big screen for 30 of us as there was one guy who wanted to watch a replay of a Wallabies match. And apparently national teams took priority*. (Even though it was a repeat from several days ago)

*unless it's Socceroos, as we were again refused the big screen for a match because there was 1 guy watching the horses.

Having said all this about CCLC. We did have a very good run with them whilst Charles was there.
Marinators purchased a projector which was installed in the the Kendall bar and used for away games and pre games. This was probably our best ever venue for hosting such things. Both Marinators and Yellow Army held a lot of events in this venue. Such as trivia night's, pre game interviews with Bosnich, Slater etc; a drunken kwasnik for an away game.
Unfortunately a gym got put above the Kendall and other patrons used and eventually broke the projector, both of these factors as well as turn down turn in form of CCM lead to the demise of this venue being used.
The Kendall bar and CCLC used to hold a lot of fan photos and merch on the walls. As well as safely securing banners, drums, and other things for us.
Which reminds me that I need to get the Donny Parkes Trophy back from them.

We've previously gone to CCLC, Mingara, Soccer5s, Sidelines, Club Tuggerah and probably a few others I can't recall now.

Mingara had similar issues as CCLC but now seems to have a pretty decent sports bar.

Sidelines wasn't a great venue for it and they're gone now anyway. (Still owe CFR money too).

Soccer5s, we had some quite successful away days here. We were giving free pitch usage and ordered food in (they now have a cafe).
We eventually stopped. But can't remember why.

Any way.
Yellow Army are on the lookout for a decent away and pre game venue.
Any suggestions at welcome.
If you know a venue owned by a football person it'd be great to hear about it.

-Jimmy
Thanks mate.

CCLC should consider ccm supporters use the TAB room/bar on level 4 for away games. Not sure if it’s still there but that sort of space would be ideal

midfielder

That'd be a question for CCLC.
My understanding of it is that any and all football fans that were on the board are no longer and the current members do not care for football.

But they're more than happy to make money from CCM playing games next to their club.

Tis an interesting point if sorta on mass we voted in some Mariner folk onto the board...

The club from my experience has always been a Rugby League focused club at board and senior management level... can recall many many moons ago we played a trial match against some of Gosfords finest and after went to the club for a beer and where made decidedly unwelcome because we played Football.

Coastalraider

When I used to live in Forries, Diggers at the Entrance would always have a few sitting around watching the Mariners on the big screen. I think once or twice NRL took precedence, but then it was sown on alternative screen anyway.

Josho Howe

It doesn't matter how long the Mariners are around to play at the stadium, many (and it seems including the CCLC board) will be staunch rugby league and want the Bears back even though it's a minuscule chance of happening. The A-League's been around for 15 years now and football fans still need to justify themselves on too many occasions, it's quite annoying.

The one time l remember CCLC not supporting us in the slightest was in the old configuration where the bar was and then there was a seating area with a small TV, 20 or so Mariners fans were relegated to watching the small TV coz 1 person ONE PERSON was watching the greyhounds on the big screen next to the TAB and pool tables (I knew this old configuration off by heart and was sad when it was changed to put more pokies in) That was how much the Mariners and the fans were cared for so l think that as an away venue, CCLC is a no go. I'm fine with CCLC on home game's coz of its convenience, but one would hope they would support us more being a valuable source of income but the dirty football hooligans are good for a source of income and that's it.

Thanks to Jimmy for the rundown of that meeting. I was probably a bit harsh on those coastie crew lads at the start as l was protective of the YA brand and respect all the guys who are part of it giving time and money in difficult times to make things happen. I wish them the best of luck in getting us back to what it was, but the team needs to give them an assist with consistent results.

turbo

It doesn't matter how long the Mariners are around to play at the stadium, many (and it seems including the CCLC board) will be staunch rugby league and want the Bears back even though it's a minuscule chance of happening
The dumb thing is its not an win-loss situation, the seasons barely overlap and could be accommodated as many other sides do. It shouldn't matter at all to the leagues club as a steady stream of patrons is good for business. Unfortunately as I said earlier the CCLC stopped caring about being a social place a long time ago, almost everything there exists to funnel people towards pokies or other gambling options.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
It doesn't matter how long the Mariners are around to play at the stadium, many (and it seems including the CCLC board) will be staunch rugby league and want the Bears back even though it's a minuscule chance of happening. The A-League's been around for 15 years now and football fans still need to justify themselves on too many occasions, it's quite annoying.

The one time l remember CCLC not supporting us in the slightest was in the old configuration where the bar was and then there was a seating area with a small TV, 20 or so Mariners fans were relegated to watching the small TV coz 1 person ONE PERSON was watching the greyhounds on the big screen next to the TAB and pool tables (I knew this old configuration off by heart and was sad when it was changed to put more pokies in) That was how much the Mariners and the fans were cared for so l think that as an away venue, CCLC is a no go. I'm fine with CCLC on home game's coz of its convenience, but one would hope they would support us more being a valuable source of income but the dirty football hooligans are good for a source of income and that's it.

Thanks to Jimmy for the rundown of that meeting. I was probably a bit harsh on those coastie crew lads at the start as l was protective of the YA brand and respect all the guys who are part of it giving time and money in difficult times to make things happen. I wish them the best of luck in getting us back to what it was, but the team needs to give them an assist with consistent results.
Re: the f**kin doubt it will happen CC Bears NRL team...what are they gonna call themselves if the local baseball team has trademarked Central Coast Bears....That’ll f**k up their holier than though we’re the best sport attitude

style_cafe

An away venue has been talked about for years.
I remember going to the now COE when it was Wyong RSL`s and meeting Roy Law to watch a game.
It was a perfect venue and Mariner friendly.
Once it became ours and the Mariners building was being mooted there was supposed to be a room set
aside as a sort of clubhouse set up for away games.
I wonder if there`s any rooms there that we could use?
or maybe Monty`s although at both venues we would have to set up a bar of some sort...:popcorn:

marinermick

Someone should talk to the Bayview, Beer garden or even main bar would be a cracking spot to watch games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb