• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM semi first leg v Smurfs away

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCelery

Would it be be too early to be selling memberships for next season at the gf if we make it?
That seems to be a flaw in the Club's website. You can buy next year's membership by just ticking 'Auto-renew' but only if a current member. And you can add a secondary membership. But can't sign up as a new member. So a big opportunity lost.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

That seems to be a flaw in the Club's website. You can buy next year's membership by just ticking 'Auto-renew' but only if a current member. And you can add a secondary membership. But can't sign up as a new member. So a big opportunity lost.
Yeah, the club needs to be capitalising on memberships - and we've had the opportunity to look at last season and see what worked and what could be improved upon.

Capitalise on memberships when emotional investment is at its peak. Put a QR code up on the big screen and outside the stadium to register. Expressions of Interest is better than nothing - but if people can put down money at the event, we'll have the biggest membership season we've ever had without the memberships team lifting a finger.

turbo

Yeah, the club needs to be capitalising on memberships - and we've had the opportunity to look at last season and see what worked and what could be improved upon.

Capitalise on memberships when emotional investment is at its peak. Put a QR code up on the big screen and outside the stadium to register. Expressions of Interest is better than nothing - but if people can put down money at the event, we'll have the biggest membership season we've ever had without the memberships team lifting a finger.
Offer new members that sign up within a week of the GF (should we make it) a price a little higher than the early bird renewal price. Solid economic incentive while emotions are high.

JoyfulPenguin

I think memberships should have some value, but I would prefer it that GF tickets (or even normal season match day tickets in a perfect world) go first to those that are season ticket members, not just $36 memberships. Season ticket holders invest far more into the Club than just members and should be rewarded accordingly.
I would agree with you if there was an option for a Home and Away membership or just non-ticketed like there used to be. But they were replaced by just the membership where the only real benefit is access to finals tickets early, we don't get a pack with the membership. So if I can't access finals tickets I've basically paid the club for access to their members mailing list.

Why should members who don't live close enough to actually attend every game be punished? I have attended every single Mariners match in Victoria since the start of the 2015/16 season.

I live in Melbourne, and I even asked the membership team if I purchased a season ticket if I could donate the actual attendance component to someone in need on the Central Coast. They said they would look into but never got back to me so I just purchased the membership.

Last edited:

Stuartmcateer

Why should members who don't live close enough to actually attend every game be punished?
The flip side of that is why should someone who has a full membership and attend every game potentially miss out for someone who has just the social membership but doesn't come to games?

Tickets and memberships are always a fine line.

I'm still a bit cheesed I bought AFC cup tickets early and then the club opened it up to members for free at the last minute.

Maybe a staggered member release for finals where full membership get a 9am window open and then other members open at 1pm.

Definitely a balance but a bridge that I doubt the club is ever going to have to cross. We aren't getting a membership base high enough to cause issues.

bikinigirl

. yeah the member numbers aren't the issue at the moment ... it is how many tickets you may be entitled to

. my outlaws for example are not members but travel up for the occasional game. the real issue is, they have a 100% (2/2) GF win ratio whereas mine is only 40% (2/4) ... so can we really afford to be without them :)

. we've already had the conversation and they understand the limitations because they are AFL members/season ticket holders and that only entitles you to a spot in the ticket ballot

MrCelery

I would agree with you if there was an option for a Home and Away membership or just non-ticketed like there used to be. But they were replaced by just the membership where the only real benefit is access to finals tickets early, we don't get a pack with the membership. So if I can't access finals tickets I've basically paid the club for access to their members mailing list.

Why should members who don't live close enough to actually attend every game be punished? I have attended every single Mariners match in Victoria since the start of the 2015/16 season.

I live in Melbourne, and I even asked the membership team if I purchased a season ticket if I could donate the actual attendance component to someone in need on the Central Coast. They said they would look into but never got back to me so I just purchased the membership.
Very good point. I'm lucky enough to be outside the Central Coast area but still close enough to attend home matches. Away based loyal fans really only have the option of giving their hard earned money to the opposition Clubs when we play them (Except the Scum where we have reciprical rights). Not exactly benefitting the Mariners bottom line.

Not sure there is an answer except that Members without season tickets get 2nd priority for tickets. eg.

1st Priority - Members with season tickets
2nd Priority - Members with no season tickets
3rd Priority - Bandwaggoners

MrCelery

Can't you just just use the barcode off your plastic season ticket? Does the Club really care that others may use it as long as it is not stolen and the machines only accept one entry? You paid for it so should be able to use it as you like. Or is there some small print, security or technical reason (eg. contactless on phone) why that is not possible?

I know Spurs have a 'Ticket Share' option: https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/tickets/ticket-share/

JoyfulPenguin

Can't you just just use the barcode off your plastic season ticket? Does the Club really care that others may use it as long as it is not stolen and the machines only accept one entry? You paid for it so should be able to use it as you like. Or is there some small print, security or technical reason (eg. contactless on phone) why that is not possible?

I know Spurs have a 'Ticket Share' option: https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/tickets/ticket-share/
I can give it to anyone who would need it, but frankly don't know anyone. I read the terms and conditions and you're apparently allowed to give it to someone else to use even if it's in your name.

Happy to get it next season if anyone knows a person or organisation who could use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred