• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Supporters Trust

style_cafe

The silence has been deafening...
Nearly 3 weeks since the "TRUST" idea was floated and not a single post since.
If 360 people have at least expressed an interest in helping the club, then
i`m sure they are all like me, waiting to hear something,anything, that says we are moving forward.

We need information on what`s going on, whether it be positive,negative or in-between.
Even if its just a date for a meeting...:popcorn:

priorpeter

The very high-level update from what I’ve been told is yes - this is definitely going ahead. There are obviously a number of administrative details which are being worked through to make sure that everything is good to go.
The Coast Football Ramble will be hosting a special edition podcast with the founder of the trust next week, and I think you might well see activity ramp up in this space next week also.

marinermick

i`m sure they are all like me, waiting to hear something,anything, that says we are moving forward.

We need information on what`s going on, whether it be positive,negative or in-between.

They need to keep momentum going with this. Even if it is just small updates.

Insertnamehere

How is this being pushed for publicity? Like its all well and good for us to know and tell people we know but we need a fk load more parties than 500. Maybe more like 5-6000 minimum.

bikinigirl

. i have just been listening to Mark Brogan (the instigator of the Trust) at the OSC AGM and he has spoken very well ... what we all need to realise is that he has only been 'at it' for about three weeks

. he has done a shitload of work in such a small timeframe ... but there is a lot to do and it has to be done right and well, not quickly ... because it cannot be done quickly

. there will be a survey on the way shortly for those who have registered their interest - this will help to take things forward with regard to structure, etc.

Ads

There probably is 3000 young/young at heart people that follow a-league memes that would chuck $20/$50 down just for shits and giggles.
And every dollar counts.

So maybe a tier system.

3000x $29.95 3rd tier 89850
1000x $99.95 2nd tier 99950
1000x $199.95 1st tier 199950
500x $499.95 Platinum 249975

$639,725

$99.95 option and up have payment plan option.
Make it as accessible as possible to the general public outside the Central Coast.

One could say the cheaper options allow people to opt down but I think we need to appeal to all demographics and obviously have a benefit to choosing the higher tiers.

Insertnamehere

There probably is 3000 young/young at heart people that follow a-league memes that would chuck $20/$50 down just for shits and giggles.
And every dollar counts.

So maybe a tier system.

$639,725

Make it as accessible as possible to the general public outside the Central Coast.

One could say the cheaper options allow people to opt down but I think we need to appeal to all demographics and obviously have a benefit to choosing the higher tiers.
Bang on. Perhaps the base level could be $49 and a premium $1000 level. I guess the problem lies in what does that a contribution receive as interest from the club.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ads

style_cafe

And every dollar counts.

So maybe a tier system.

$639,725

Great idea Ads and full credit to you mate but lets be fair dinkum and say $50-,$100-, $200- and $500- ...:popcorn:

Ozhammer

As has been mentioned by BG, lots has been going on with the establishment of the Trust and as much as I remain been keen to be part of it personally, I also don’t want to step on Mark Brogan’s toes, as it is his baby. I have therefore just been looking to support him wherever possible and have shared the work the OSC has previously done around community investment models, to try to give this initiative a head start.

Shaun organised an initial meeting with Mark, myself and others, including a number of local pollies last Friday and it is clear that there is a collective desire to see the Trust get up, which was very encouraging.

Mark and Shaun also spoke about the sale of the club and the possible role of the Trust at the OSC AGM last night, which went down very well with those present and dialling in via Zoom, so hopefully that will be helpful to spreading the word.

I believe that Mark intends to reach out to the Central Coast community to try to bring folks with the right skill sets into the Trust working group, which is to be formed, so if anyone feels that they have something they could contribute, they should put their hands up when the chance arises.

As BG says, this is a huge undertaking and there is a lot of high-level stuff to work through but there should shortly be a survey for people to put their views forward via and a statement advising the Trust’s basic principles, so hopefully this will provide a starting point for everything.

If the Trust is going to be given the best chance of success though, every one of us needs to spread the word as widely as we can, as the greater the engagement the more likely we can collectively make this really happen.

style_cafe

As has been mentioned by BG, lots has been going on with the establishment of the Trust and as much as I remain been keen to be part of it personally, I also don’t want to step on Mark Brogan’s toes, as it is his baby. I have therefore just been looking to support him wherever possible and have shared the work the OSC has previously done around community investment models, to try to give this initiative a head start.

Shaun organised an initial meeting with Mark, myself and others, including a number of local pollies last Friday and it is clear that there is a collective desire to see the Trust get up, which was very encouraging.

Mark and Shaun also spoke about the sale of the club and the possible role of the Trust at the OSC AGM last night, which went down very well with those present and dialling in via Zoom, so hopefully that will be helpful to spreading the word.

I believe that Mark intends to reach out to the Central Coast community to try to bring folks with the right skill sets into the Trust working group, which is to be formed, so if anyone feels that they have something they could contribute, they should put their hands up when the chance arises.

As BG says, this is a huge undertaking and there is a lot of high-level stuff to work through but there should shortly be a survey for people to put their views forward via and a statement advising the Trust’s basic principles, so hopefully this will provide a starting point for everything.

If the Trust is going to be given the best chance of success though, every one of us needs to spread the word as widely as we can, as the greater the engagement the more likely we can collectively make this really happen.

Thanks Ozhammer.
For football people, like us on here, it can be frustrating to check in here sometimes 5-6 times a day and see nothing new.
I`m sure there are 100`s of us in the same boat.
As BG and yourself have alluded, the process of setting up a trust,pulling together the articles,forming the objectives etc. is very time consuming.
Even finding the right people to help him must be an all consuming task for Mark and TBH I don`t envy the task ahead of him.
Everyone here wants to see this happen, It`s a great idea and one that could be the saving of the club.
We all want to help and contribute whether it be financially,physically or just an opinion

I feel the interest is there and everyone is willing to spread the word energetically and enthusiastically, we just need to know what the word is.

Forum Phoenix

I'm relaxed. Things like this take time and no one is getting paid. so the work i being done by people after work in their spare time. Happy to be patient

FFC Mariner

Firstly, good pod as usual and it was great to get a high level overview of the proposal.

I liked the fact that the trust wont be aligned to any supporters group at all.

A golf club membership system would be my suggestion. A $250 joining fee and (say) $250 a year subs. Absolutely Zip/Afterpay or even monthly credit card/bank deductions for people if they prefer.

We are talking about $10 a week in year 1 and $5 a week thereafter. If people genuinely dont have that, they shouldnt be investing in football teams. Not wanting to is very different to not being able to. I look forward to the moronic facebook posts of "why should I buy a team that looses all the time" (FB morons seem incapable of spelling lose)

Jimmy's idea of a more modest fee of say $25 to be a trust member (with no voting or any other rights) would be good too. I was an original member of Ebbsfleet United in the UK who were fan owned - no reason, just seemed like a good thing to back them somehow.

Issue 2 classes of shares, voting and non-voting where a non-voting share is the $25 oprion. Voting members get to choose elected officers and a (hopefully) board member of CCM

Getting "Owner" and your trust member number on the back of your shirt has a certain ring to it as well :)

Just need to get Charlesworth out the door for once and for all so that people will feel more like getting involved.

Last edited:

marinermick

Supporter Trusts are highly complex legal entities. My fear for this was not having the right people on board, but I was pleased to hear there is a lawyer and someone with Trust experience from England involved.

This is not a job for your average club/supporter group committee member.

Pirate Pete

New Owners
If the A-League is only as strong as its weakest club, the competition could move up a notch next season.

A local businessman is on the cusp of purchasing Central Coast Mariners and has vowed to inject some much-needed capital to transform the perennial strugglers into a club that can compete for silverware. Sydney-based investor and technology businessman, Abdul Helou, said he had reached a sale agreement in principle with Mariners chairman Mike Charlesworth for the club and its associated property.

Wombat

Why has it fallen to you Mark to finally bring us some details of this initiative after 3 weeks??

Surely the CLUB needs to step up. What word are we to spread, when the engagement has been close to zero. No message and no pitch?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred