• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R 19 CCM vs AUFC

Rowdy

Here's hoping he misses out this week against us, as I think he may be the foreign import that was left out of Adelaide's ACL campaign (wasnt on the teamsheet tonite).

Which would mean he could of/ or would of been fully rested & fresh for our game.

We're gonna need every advantage we can get against AU.

JoyfulPenguin

Are Central Coast Mariners destined to run last?
Not necessarily. Their 3-1 win over Wellington Phoenix on the road, two games back, gave them life. Bottom-placed Central Coast are on 12 points and the ninth-placed Phoenix are on 16.

Wellington have picked up just two points from their last nine games, while the Mariners have collected seven from their last six.

So the gap is tightening and with there's still plenty of time left to overcome a four-point deficit.

Phoenix have suffered badly from being without their main attacker, Roy Krishna, due to injury.

Central Coast on the other hand are enjoying the experience of former Liverpool star Luis Garcia being at the club. The battle to avoid the wooden spoon is not over yet.

Sauce:
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2016/02/10/nine-big-questions-last-nine-rounds-league

gacia.jpg

JoyfulPenguin

Superstar set to start in Gosford

luis-garcia-is-set-to-start-his-first-match-for-the-mariners-this-weekend_9uacy0ksi0jb15emambozuwrz.jpg
Wednesday, 10 February 2016-
John Greco @Grecs7
With Luis Garcia set for his first start, Fabio Ferreira believes lowly Central Coast can be the side to end Adelaide United’s Hyundai A-League unbeaten run.
While the Reds head to Gosford after Tuesday night’s heart-breaking ACL play-off loss to Chinese Super League outfit Shandong Luneng, they haven’t lost in the A-League for ten matches.

It’s a different story in Gosford with the Mariners coming off a 4-0 loss to Brisbane Roar last weekend and four points adrift at the bottom of the ladder.

But after three substitute appearances, Liverpool legend Garcia is expected to play from the start at Central Coast Stadium in a massive boost.

Top 11 free agents for the Hyundai A-League

And Ferreira feels they are ready to halt the Adelaide juggernaut.

“It will be good for us, obviously [Garcia’s] a very good player, with a lot of experience and great quality.
mariners-star-luis-garcia-on-the-ball-during-his-sides-4-0-loss-to-brisbane-roar_5c5axeljmrng11t7wuwkjkiei.jpg

"Hopefully we can take advantage of that as well and I’m looking forward for him to start the game,” the Portuguese told reporters on Wednesday.

“I believe if everybody has got the mentality and confidence and head in the game and if we start the game like we have in a few games this season, we can actually win the game,” the Portuguese flyer added.

“For that the team has to want to take the game [to Adelaide].”

Ferreira says Sunday’s clash against his old club – where he spent three successful years – is just like any other game but he would love to score against them.

And he hopes their exertions on Tuesday night could work in the Mariners’ favour.

“They are going to be more fatigued than us, we’ll take advantage of that and on Sunday…we’ll be fresher,” the 26-year-old said.

“I have a lot of respect for Adelaide…[but] I want to win the game, score goals or assist and take the three points.
mariners-winger-fabio-ferreira-dribbles-with-the-ball-alongside-reds-defenders-tarek-elrich-and-isaias_hkzwuskp7qkt1magaejpngpvh.jpg

“We just have to keep working hard and everyone has to be more confident and try to do the best they can.”

One player who has done that for the Mariners this season is youngster Michael Neill.

The 21-year-old has played mostly at left-back in his A-League career but been pushed into a midfield role lately by Mariners coach Tony Walmsley.

“I have enjoyed it. I haven’t really played there since I was probably 14 or 15 so it’s a new thing for me but I have to pick it up quick if I want to do well at this level,” Neill said.

“I’ve got a bit of an engine and like to run a lot so I can see the dynamics there. It’s working hard in defence and giving a little attack as well.

“For us young players it’s just about developing and learning as much as we can off the older guys like Monty [skipper Nick Montgomery] and Luis [Garcia].”
central-coast-mariners-captain-nick-montgomery_1efmpdq7889s51m66yfpqhp1uq.jpg

Sauce: http://www.a-league.com.au/article/...ral-coast-mariners/1d47snct7je1z1g86l6q9l3mue

Pirate Pete

So, La Rocca is out then.
Adelaide United midfielder Iacopo La Rocca will miss the Reds next three matches through suspension after the Match Review Panel delivered the following verdict.
http://www.a-league.com.au/article/...hree-matches-by-mrp/vosknihb6gny1ca7l1jfk84jx

Looks like we're seeing a new benchmark for elbowing etc. I don't think an elbow like that would have got 3 weeks before this season.
Shame Muscat didn't get more as his was worse, but that didn't get to the MRP did it?
I seem to remember reading if it had gone to MRP he'd have got more.

kevrenor

They couldn't hit the side of a barn in the ACL game, so some hope for us. Then again, the Shandong defenders were an experienced bunch.

Big Al

We were bloody awful in the first half in AU a few weeks ago but still had a chance to take the lead at half time.

We must take any chances that come as I expect 65/35 possession at minimum.

T

So
Good Valentine's Day present then. Take the missus to the football. I didn't know Coasties were so romantic... It's the most I've heard Valentine's Day mentioned ever :D
So will you be taking your missus to the game for Valentine's Day??)

style_cafe

Luckily I don't have it on the body. Unfortunately I do have it on the face & head. My right eyelid is puffed up so it's almost closed. Hopefully the guys will put on such a performance that'll make my eye want to open wide! :)
I sympathise with you mate but you`re not the only one eyed Mariner`s Supporter !
Get well soon...

MagpieMariner

I sympathise with you mate but you`re not the only one eyed Mariner`s Supporter !
Get well soon...
Yeah, right now I'm a no-eyed supporter. :D
Well on the mend now, but won't be over it this week.
Thanks for the good wishes, and I'm sure the team will make me feel a whole lot better when they shaft the Reds.

Rowdy

But we still play izzo

He's laughing at you Thurb's (FFC) he's laughing. ;)

Izzo: No point to prove to the Reds !
izzo.jpg

Central Coast’s Olyroos goalkeeper Paul Izzo says he doesn’t have a point to prove this weekend when he faces former club Adelaide United for the first time.

The 21-year-old left Adelaide for the Mariners in the off-season in search of further opportunities after being back-up to Eugene Galekovic for three years.

In an unusual quirk, the Mariners play the Reds three times in the last 13 rounds of the season, but the talented youngster missed last month’s encounter against the Reds due to Olyroos duty.

“The first thing I did when I saw the fixtures come out was look at when we play Adelaide and when I get to go back home and play against Adelaide,” Izzo told FourFourTwo.

“Unfortunately I missed out on the first one as I was with the Olyroos and came back injured.

“That only made me hungry again coming up against them again.”

Adelaide-born Izzo only made six appearances during his four years with the Reds, but said he had nothing against the club.

“I don’t have a point to prove to Adelaide,” Izzo said.

“Adelaide was fantastic to me, the club was great, the boys were great for me.

“I’m still very good friends with all the boys there. That’s the exciting part, playing against some old team-mates.”

After a mixed season at Central Coast, which has drawn some criticism, Izzo is determined to be better for his maiden campaign as a number one stopper.

“I’d like my performances to be a lot better,” he said.

“I’m not happy with one game good, then three games average. I want consistent form.

“I’m stubborn. I block out everything and work hard everyday.

Izzo added: “Who knows in 10 years I may look back at this moment and think it made me.

“I won’t regret anything, it’ll make me better as a person and as a player.”

Last edited:

Rowdy

Mariners cap Luis Garcia's starting debut at about an hour:
gettyimages-508687596.jpg

Central Coast Mariners coach Tony Walmsley said marquee player Luis Garcia will likely contribute about 60 minutes before being subbed off in his starting debut against Adelaide United on Sunday.

The Mariners will turn to class and experience in a desperate bid to get off the bottom of the A-League ladder but Garcia isn't so sure he can go the full distance against the Reds.

The Spaniard is however putting his hand up to do whatever the Mariners require of him.

Garcia will start in front of home fans but acknowledges playing out 90 minutes may be beyond him.

"Probably not (90 minutes)," the former Liverpool and Barcelona player told reporters on Friday.

"I'm not saying that I cannot play them.

"In my mind, it's to try to go from the beginning, try as best I can and we'll see what happens."

Adding to the challenge is that the 37-year-old veteran is likely to be met with plus-30 degree temperatures on Sunday.

"Training's been a bit hard because with this weather it's not easy," he said.

"That's what we're going to find at the weekend."

Walmsley earmarked the Spaniard to spend about an hour on the pitch.

"If he gives us a good hour, we'll bring on some good legs and some good athleticism to replace him," Walmsley said.

It's another step up for Garcia after he came on as a substitute in his first three games for the struggling Mariners, contributing a goal and two assists.

"He's clever enough to cause problems," Walmsley said. "We're hoping to get enough possession to Luis to unlock the door against Adelaide.

"(We're) just trying to use his intelligence up in the front third."

Rowdy

Really looking forward to seeing what Garcia can create sitting in-behind & pumping passes into space for Austin/Bingo/Fab.

With ALL 3 of them having 'fresh-legs' from the K-Off, as opposed to what we've seen with them having had 45/60mins of running under their belts when LG's come on previously.

Rowdy

The other big question is how will Fab & Austin fare for that 60 mins ??? & will they go the 90 or will one or both need need subbing.

kevrenor

Sunday, 14 February 2016

Central Coast Mariners v Adelaide United

Central Coast Stadium, Gosford

Kick-Off: 3:00 PM (Local) (3:00 PM (AEDT))

Referee:Jarred Gillett

Assistant Referee 1:Leigh Pigram

Assistant Referee 2:Kearney Robinson

Fourth Official:Ben Williams

TV Broadcast: Live coverage on FOX SPORTS 505 from 7.00pm (AEDT) and Sky Sport 3 (New Zealand)

Radio Broadcast: 92.5 ABC Central Coast, 891 ABC Adelaide, ABC Local Radio SA, Grandstand Digital, Online & via the ABC Radio Mobile App – A-league Live. Coast FM 96.3 (Central Coast)