• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Academy / Central Coast FC 2016

Jolly_Roger

Ok, The mariners trials have been held, teams have been sorted, and training has commenced this week. The start up meeting has taken place where Sully gave an impressive presentation to the whole academy. What are peoples thought so far? Far better start than when the mariners were running the show two years ago prior to CCF taking over.

Women's program looking very shaky on the coast with poor representation throughout the grades at trials. It would of helped if it was properly advertised to the masses though. Maybe the Mariners are looking at North Shore Mariners (Northbridge FC) to do the heavy lifting on the women's side of things.

rbakersmith

The women's NPL side had a pre-season game against Gosford City last night, which ended in a 1-1 draw... there's some photos from the game here.

Jolly_Roger

Does anyone know how things are shaping up on women's side of things for this year? I have heard mixed reports ranging from they are competing in the NPL2 competitions, and also that the mariners have canned the program and they are withdrawing.

I understand they were struggling for numbers + quality players to field competitive units across the grades for the NPL2 competition.

No teams seem to be active in the FNSW trial game schedule that are regular features this time of year either. What trails are being played are against local club sides.

The interesting thing is two years ago, the women won the NPL2 club championship. Where are things now?

rbakersmith

See my post above - they played a trial against Gosford City a couple of weeks ago, so one would assume that the team is going ahead.

dibo

Does anyone know how things are shaping up on women's side of things for this year? I have heard mixed reports ranging from they are competing in the NPL2 competitions, and also that the mariners have canned the program and they are withdrawing.

I understand they were struggling for numbers + quality players to field competitive units across the grades for the NPL2 competition.

No teams seem to be active in the FNSW trial game schedule that are regular features this time of year either. What trails are being played are against local club sides.

The interesting thing is two years ago, the women won the NPL2 club championship. Where are things now?

In reply to the bold part, this took me literally two minutes to find: http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_info.cgi?c=1-9353-135026-387878-20197869&a=SFIX

SEASON FIXTURE : CENTRAL COAST MARINERS ACADEMY (1ST GRADE WOMEN TRIALS (2015-16))
RND DATE TIME VENUE/COURT OPPOSITION
Normal Season
15 28/02/16 (Sun) 13:05 Peter Moore Sydney Olympic FC View
16 06/03/16 (Sun) 13:05 Middleton Park Bankstown City FC View

As opposed to unsourced gossip, I'd say that's a pretty solid indication they're continuing.

Jolly_Roger

Thanks Dibo

I would suggest that these have only just gone up today gauging by the page date. I am a follower of women rep football on the coast and have been looking out for them. I dont recall them being there yesterday.

FFC Mariner

Mods - are we able to have a ban on posts along the lines of "my son/daughter is better than the rest but wasnt picked because the coaching is biased"

As a mate said of his own kid - I'm not sure if hes good enough, if he is, he will come through in time.

dibo

Thanks Dibo

I would suggest that these have only just gone up today gauging by the page date. I am a follower of women rep football on the coast and have been looking out for them. I dont recall them being there yesterday.
? There's no date on the page. I can't warrant for what you were looking at yesterday, only that this was there when I looked.

Mods - are we able to have a ban on posts along the lines of "my son/daughter is better than the rest but wasnt picked because the coaching is biased"

As a mate said of his own kid - I'm not sure if hes good enough, if he is, he will come through in time.
Can we do the same to NYL threads too?

Rowdy

Lee: Academies signal end of NPL 'football factories':
ball_1.jpg

Grant Lee, the head coach of NSWNPL side Sydney Olympic, says that their role as developmental football clubs has now gone due to Sydney FC and Western Sydney Wanderers opening their own youth academies.

The Sky Blues opened up their youth academy in December last year.

The program, starts at under 13 level up to under 20 and National Youth League level.

Teams in all age groups will compete in the NSWNPL 2 competition and can be promoted to NPL 1.

Each team has an average of 16 players per squad.

Sydney FC have set up a scouting network across Sydney and in regional areas.

However Lee says there was a youth academy system already in place via the existing NPL clubs.

“That is what they told us our role in Australian football was,” he said.

“Now they have done this we have to question and say to them what our role in Australia football is.

“Our role was to be a provider of youth and youth development for the A-League.

"We would have some form of compensation for our time and effort which would go back into our coffers which would help us.

“Now these clubs have all taken all our youth off us. We lost 30 odd players last year from all our youth leagues plus coaches that have gone.”

Grant revealed that the main problem for NPL clubs is that there is no system of promotion or relegation.

“For us there is no chance of us being promoted but we are supposed to be developing youth,” he said.

“If there was promotion and relegation and we are successful and doing well then we have a chance to be promoted then good young players will be attracted to our club.

“For instance if Manchester United turns up to your door step guess what? Every kid wants to go with Manchester United. Who would you rather play for? Sydney Olympic or Man United? Every kid wants to go there regardless.

Why the need now to recreate it and take the kids from all those systems and play against them when there is no promotion and relegation? I don’t understand that.”

Lee who has a background in youth development due to his time at Football NSW and the Australian Institute of Sport says there is a better alternative for A-League clubs rather than creating their own youth academies.

“If you are Sydney FC or Western Sydney Wanderers, have a Technical Director of football to go out and build relationships with all the NPL clubs,” he said.

“Have him go down there and put on various technical director workshops. You have some little composite groups and you might have some little academies in the clubs.

“Once a week you do some work with them. In the off-season you have academy programs running where they teach the kids the habits they need to develop for these kids to play A-League football

“Also coaching the coaches within those relevant clubs and then it runs through that development system all the way to the A-League. For me having youth league teams now you’ve got all the coaches all the infrastructure it’s going to cost you an absolute fortune when it’s already there in place in the NPL.”

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/...nd-npl-football-factories#khMve65ImuqFigD1.99

Rowdy

Worked alongside Grant when he was Head Coach at Central Coast United in their last season of NSWPL & he's also a former Socceroo.

I do think there's some validity to some of his points. One being the cost, the other that there was already a system in place that could of been tinkered with or further devoloped that could of been symbiotically beneficial in both directions on the Football Tree's 'pathway'.

Guess we'll just have to wait'n see.

Yoda

A further women's trial game has been added against Mt Druitt TR to be played at Kariong (International Football School grounds).

Remember the womens NPL2 competition doesn't start until April, so plenty of time for trial matches.

Does anyone know how the CCM Youth / CCM Reserves went against Northern Tigers last night?

Yoda

Word on the street is that CCMA have not entered a WNPL2 reserve grade side. They will compete in WNPL2 firsts, U17, U15 & U13. Firsts will follow 17s with a bye for the opposition reserve grade team.

JoyfulPenguin

Word on the street is that CCMA have not entered a WNPL2 reserve grade side. They will compete in WNPL2 firsts, U17, U15 & U13. Firsts will follow 17s with a bye for the opposition reserve grade team.
Why would they decide not to enter a reserve team?

rbakersmith

The NPL Men's 2 squad has been announced:

Central Coast Mariners Academy Men’s 1 squad: Liam O’DELL (C),Trent BUHAGIAR, Josh FORBES, Tom HEWARD-BELLE (gk), Christopher HURLEY, Brian JAMBA, Reece PAPADIMITRIOS, Adam PEARCE (gk), Ryan PETERSON, Daniel TUDDENHAM, Nathan VERITY, Lachlan WALES, Steve WHYTE, Connor WILKINSON, Jake ADELSON & Adam BERRY

As mentioned by someone else earlier, the Head Coach is Ben Cahn.

First game is against Bankstown City Lions this Saturday at Pluim Park: 18s at 2:30, 20s at 4:30 and 1st grade at 6:30.

Rowdy

As mentioned by someone else earlier, the Head Coach is Ben Cahn.

28yo who ran his own Football Academy on the Sunshine Coast Qld. & was Captain/Coach of Noosa Lions FC

Found this article & YouTube clip on him:

Noosa loses magic mentor Ben Cahn:
24th January 2016 6:00 AM

NOOSA Lions' driving coaching force Ben Cahn, after steering his football side to within a whisker of the FFA Cup final round, has been head-hunted to the A-League Central Coast Mariners to take over the key role of youth coach.

The London-raised local player-coach will be hanging up his boots to pick up the coaching clipboard down at Gosford from February 1 and hopes his side's debut will be more memorable than his first game for Noosa.

"I played my first game for Noosa on my 21st birthday which we lost 6-0," the retiring midfielder said before his last Lions hit out on Friday night in the preseason match at Narangba.

Cahn, 28, said he has always had some sort of coaching role since his arrival to Noosa and his big break, though unsought, is exactly where he wants to head.

"I was very lucky they contacted me after getting a reference from someone and we took it from there," Cahn said.

"I've been talking to them for a number of weeks and I decided to take the risk and try and make it happen.

"I've always coached since I've been here and it's always something I've loved doing."

The Lions under Cahn enjoyed a magical run in the FFA Cup until they lucked out 1-0 to Palm Beach last year.

Noosa officials have praised Cahn for his "dedication, enthusiasm and passion" and urged him not to forget his supporters here when he is famous.

Lions president Alinda Bryant said the Mariners appointment was "a fantastic opportunity for him and it shows the quality of coaches we have at Noosa."

"We've got a team of coaches who have been behind the scenes to take over. They'll be in good hands".

And the same could be said for the young Mariners.

Cahn, who was in charge of the top Lions side for two seasons, in return paid tribute to his team at Noosa.

"There's always been a good solid core of players at Noosa and I've always had good relationships with them, so it was never too difficult," he said. "If there is something I can say about my time there (at Noosa) it would be that I've been surrounded by such supportive and helpful people." "I've been really lucky with the people who have supported me," Cahn said.

Rowdy

Dont think 'Budgie' will be playing for them just yet, he'll be required Sunday v Victory ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami