• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wombat

I watched the 1st minute before I had to go out.
Looking at the teams on paper on the pre- game show we looked totally outclassed.
If you swapped Tony and Aloisi's jobs at the beginning of the season, I believe both teams would be in exactly the same spot.
I popped my head in at the Leagues when we were 1.0 down and the place was like a morgue....there wasn't much hope.
We had dinner and I popped my head in again and we were 4.0 down.
There was a far bit of wingeing but it was muttered.
Brisbane are always too classy for us and Tony must hate going there but no well drilled team should get done 4.0.

gull

And that is the huge worry. Avoiding the wooden spoon requires a special sort of desperation. And there was a distinct lack of that in evidence against Roar.

I wonder whether there is the expectation in the squad that 'now we have Luis it all will be OK'.

Exactly. I can cop the loss, but I can't cop the lack of effort / fight.

It's not about one loss, it's about a season of disappointing performances, promised improvement, and excuses. The players that were causing "unrest" have been moved on, new players have come in, but nothing has changed.

Is the rest of the season forgotten due to one away win?

We're also getting the bizarre selections that happened under Moss once again.

So we're all supposed to suck it up and accept it as (another) transition year? No thanks. Time to call it what it is - unacceptable.

Ancient Mariner

Hi Shaun can Sunday's 3pm game be shifted. Predicted temperature is 34 degrees and you can just about guarantee high humidity.

3pm games in the middle of summer; absolute stupidity.

Timmah

I don't buy that they looked like they lacked fight - I do think they looked very tired and fatigued which seemed odd and I don't think the last minute change to the side would've helped either. Not good enough as a result but we'll get by.

I feel the loss, as shit as it was, has kind of made people forget the progress and positivity around the on-field performance that's built up since NYE. There has been an obvious improvement up until the Roar game and I don't think that just disappears from one bad result.

@Ancient Mariner re the Sunday game - FFA will keep an eye on it, if the wet bulb temperature goes above the limit then they'll look at moving it to a later kickoff (would have to be 7pm as WSW play at 5pm). Certainly agree re scheduling at 3pm on a mid-Feb arvo. Poor form.

Rowdy

- FFA will keep an eye on it, if the wet bulb temperature goes above the limit then they'll look at moving it to a later kickoff (would have to be 7pm as WSW play at 5pm). Certainly agree re scheduling at 3pm on a mid-Feb arvo. Poor form.

How many fans are going to rock up arriving between 2-2:30pm for the 3pm KO, then be told the games being re-scheduled for a 7pm KO and THEN be expected to hang-around for 4hrs in the same heat :fireup: that’s the cause of the re-scheduling to begin with.

Good-Luck with that. :cool:

Any decision needs to be made early, very early in the day.
Prior to 12pm at the latest as people will be travelling from Nrthern Syd and Nrthrn CC by both car & train so will need plenty of 'heads-up' to any changes to the KO time.

If not ...........then expect plenty of pissed-off people.
Really hot, :fireup: pissed-off people. ;)

Timmah

How many fans are going to rock up arriving between 2-2:30pm for the 3pm KO, then be told the games being re-scheduled for a 7pm KO and THEN be expected to hang-around for 4hrs in the same heat :fireup: that’s the cause of the re-scheduling to begin with.

Good-Luck with that. :cool:

Any decision needs to be made early, very early in the day.
Prior to 12pm at the latest as people will be travelling from Nrthern Syd and Nrthrn CC by both car & train so will need plenty of 'heads-up' to any changes to the KO time.

If not ...........then expect plenty of pissed-off people.
Really hot, :fireup: pissed-off people. ;)

I never said the decision would be made at 2pm? :/

What you say above is correct - such a decision would be made well before everything is booting up.

Rowdy

Did I hear you say 4 hours in CCLC?

:cheers:

Pity the beers are so expensive now!

Nah, there's a not so well known deal on offer IF:

- your a CCLC member AND you wear a Jersey on game day (any jersey- even a local)
- present your cclc membership card and get a Hahn Super Dry for $4.

x5 beers with a Redback ($20) ! pretty good value I reckon.
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

adz

Staff member
:cheers:

Nah, there's a not so well known deal on offer IF:

- your a CCLC member AND you wear a Jersey on game day (any jersey- even a local)
- present your cclc membership card and get a Hahn Super Dry for $4.

x5 beers with a Redback ($20) ! pretty good value I reckon.
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Good to know. Cheers!!

Pirate Pete

I've gotta drive back home to Sydney...
It'll be a nice night. Bring a swag and sleep out under the stars in a swag. If you haven't been arrested by morning, jump in your car and drive down as the sun comes up.

With the price of beer I might have to put some homebrew in an esky and sit on the grass by the water.
There's no way the FFA will alter the kick off time. I'm sure the dozen travelling fans will be ups in arms as they'll miss the flight home from Sydney.

I thought there was a game delayed because of heat. Adelaide v Perth.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-04/a-league-clash-in-adelaide-rescheduled-due-to-heat/7001806

Last edited:

Rowdy

I think the concern is not us but more so the players welfare.

The heat hopefully will affect Adelaide considerably given they'll only have had a 4 day turnaround after their ACL game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred